Where to get my motorcycle safety certificate? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get my motorcycle safety certificate?

Canadian Tire safety cert prices vary from shop to shop so call around. I've paid anywhere from $65 (Rylander location) up to $130 (Dufferin & Steeles auto location). From what I've seen, they're either extremely lax or have no idea what they're doing when it comes to motorcycles... which is either good or bad depending on what you want. I've literally sat in the shop and watched them do a safety once (at Lawrence & Allen location). Headlights? Check. Brake lights? Check. Turn signals? Check. Horn? Check. PASS!

I won't even look at a bike being sold as is. Although I probably should since most vehicles I've looked at that are sold with a safety wouldn't pass a real inspection, anyway. But when there are guys that will give you a safety just because you were able to ride it there, it just shows you're a lazy seller.

That said, I generally list it as including the safety, find a buyer, then go get the safety done. But I know all my vehicles will pass or need next to nothing to pass. It's just that I don't want the certificate to expire while I'm trying to sell it since I've had vehicles on the market for over a year before finding a buyer.

If you go to Rosey Toes it will be cheap, easy, fast, and should pass.

I agree with this. As a buyer, it is so much easier to get one with that includes the safety cert.

I would consider a bike that has no safety only if I really like it, but then I would expect to pay less for it ("as is" price).

Rosey Toes is cheap and easy.

Get thrle safety man. It's an act of good faith and should help with the sale. It's less than $100 at Canadian tire

I know this is a little old but I just wanted to add something. There is at least one Canadian Tire that will certify a bike. It was one of the ones on Bovaird - I'm 99% sure it was Trinity but it may have been McLaughlin.

However I had them certify my first bike (which was way too big for me) - a goldwing 1100. It had linked brakes. Anyway I kept crashing out at low speeds and I thought I was just hopeless. Finally I traded it for a smaller bike about 2 weeks later and maybe 20km max. The guy who I traded it to went to get it safetied somewhere else and found out that the front break caliper was completely siezed and since the thing had linked brakes I constantly had the front break on which could possible explain some of the crashing as well as being really unsafe.

TL:DR - Maybe Canadian Tire is not the best place to get a bike safetied. I took the next bike to a guy in Georgetown and all the guys I know with bikes also go there. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the shop offhand.

i know a guy who had his safety done at a car mechanic

a week later Ted at rosey toes showed him that his rear brake pad was broken in 2 - nothing left on it

it all depends on the kind of safety you want

i know a guy who had his safety done at a car mechanic

a week later Ted at rosey toes showed him that his rear brake pad was broken in 2 - nothing left on it

it all depends on the kind of safety you want
So Ted is more reputable than other shops? When I went he literally looked at the bike from a few feet away and then filled out the paper.

+1 for Ted
Price will vary depending on his mood and whether you do indeed or do not bring him your sister.
$40 if he likes you, I've heard of ppl paying as much as $80.

+1 for rosey toe getting the safety done. He will even travel to you to do the safety.
Though he did scratched up my rims when installing my Dunlop q3.

Haha I call him Rosey Toe as well sometimes.
He's picked my bike up from a towing impound before. There's a rider on here somewhere that said Ted rode to his house to give him a safety IN THE WINTER/SNOW. Gotta love the guy.

I got my bike safetied at cj cycles in bolton. Turns out even though the tread on the tires were fine, they were starting to show some cracking so I agreed to let him put new ones on. The price was fair and it was ready the next day.

Got mine done there as well. It was years ago, though. My cousin has always had them work on his Harleys, so I went on his advice.
They fixed what it needed for safety, and gave me suggestions foe what I may want to fix. I did the recommended repairs as well.

Back
Top Bottom