Where to get my motorcycle safety certificate? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get my motorcycle safety certificate?

Swift

Sup everyone? I'm planning to sell my 2012 CBR250R, but I believe I need to safety it first :p
Can anyone recommend a shop that will do it for a good price? When I sold my Ninja 250R many years ago I went to SnowCity, which were extremely dishonest, they said I needed new tires and brakes (trying to do a cash grab), then I had a safety done at another shop, passed no problem. Tons of thread left of the tires and brakes were practically new. Anyway, any recommendations?

I'm planning to sell my 2012 CBR250R, but I believe I need to safety it first :p
That's totally incorrect. F that, make the buyer safety it. All you're "supposed" to do is buy the UVIP, but nobody does that either.

What are you selling it for? How many KM's? Got a link to the ad?

That's totally incorrect. F that, make the buyer safety it. All you're "supposed" to do is buy the UVIP, but nobody does that either.

agree with john

you should just get a UVIP and sell it AS IS

So screw it and sell is as is? :p Ok maybe I'll do that lol.
I don't know yet, going to price it out, haven't put up the ad. It has just over 7700km, got some great mods that you'd probably get (in my opnion anyway haha), such as heated grips, saddleman gel sport seat, ram mount for cell phone, and it has the extended Honda warranty so yeah... you interested in buying? :)

Mods on a bike don't add resale value sorry to bust your nuts

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mods on a bike don't add resale value sorry to bust your nuts

Yep, I've heard that, I'm going to test the waters first with the mods, if I can't sell it with the mods, I'll strip the bike and sell it bone stock and sell the mods separately. Hopefully somebody finds value in the mods.

If you ask me a certified bike is worth more than an uncertified bike. It makes it easier for the buyer to change ownership.
If I had the choice of buying two bikes, one certified and one not, I would go for the certified one.
No, you do not have to certify a bike to sell it. but it would help in selling it.

I always give the buyer the option when I sell a bike. X as is or x+$200 certified (to cover my time to take it and get it certified.) and have never had anyone take the as is option.

It would help with buyer confidence to state that you are willing to certify for an extra $xxx.

Humm very good point. I will do that! Thanks :D

I always give the buyer the option when I sell a bike. X as is or x+$200 certified (to cover my time to take it and get it certified.) and have never had anyone take the as is option.

Yep, I've heard that, I'm going to test the waters first with the mods, if I can't sell it with the mods, I'll strip the bike and sell it bone stock and sell the mods separately. Hopefully somebody finds value in the mods.

you will get 10 cents on the dollar, at best. It's always better to return the bike to stock and eBay the mods.

Why not charge $100 for you time posting the ad and answering the phone? $200 for cert?

you will get 10 cents on the dollar, at best. It's always better to return the bike to stock and eBay the mods.

Thanks. I'll be taking off all mods, well except the heated grips, that would take too long haha... thanks.

I am a buyer and so am in the other guys shoes?. I would like to know of a reliable safety shop. Brampton/Mississauga area please. TIA.

I got my bike safetied at cj cycles in bolton. Turns out even though the tread on the tires were fine, they were starting to show some cracking so I agreed to let him put new ones on. The price was fair and it was ready the next day.

I won't even look at a bike being sold as is. Although I probably should since most vehicles I've looked at that are sold with a safety wouldn't pass a real inspection, anyway. But when there are guys that will give you a safety just because you were able to ride it there, it just shows you're a lazy seller.

That said, I generally list it as including the safety, find a buyer, then go get the safety done. But I know all my vehicles will pass or need next to nothing to pass. It's just that I don't want the certificate to expire while I'm trying to sell it since I've had vehicles on the market for over a year before finding a buyer.

If you go to Rosey Toes it will be cheap, easy, fast, and should pass.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I called Canadian Tire but they do not do motorcycle safety inspection. The seller is in Brampton and I am in Mississauga. I have requested him to take it to Brampton Powersports and I will pay the cost.

Last edited:
Not all Can.Tires do safety. Call the one on Winston Churchill, I know they had a motorcycle mechanic 2 years ago that did them. Benefit there was that if it failed for whatever reason, you could fix it yourself, bring it back, and they'd check it over again for free.

Back
Top Bottom