So annoying to sell Bikes these days | GTAMotorcycle.com

So annoying to sell Bikes these days

TSquared

Has anyone had these people calling telling you that the bike with 10k on it is high km? I mean you got to be kidding me, My old CBR600F1 had 69k on it and I put another 20k on it with ease. I had an 99 R6 run to about 130k before too. Why are all these new riders telling me that 10k on a bike is high?

Very frustrating, had to punk off these new kids telling them they are idiots to think a bike will last 30k total.

The new water cooled engines are less prone to hot spots in the rear cyclinder and should be good for even more mileage than the bikes with the old air/oil cooled engines.
Besides the new bikes are so choked up with emission junk that they aren't putting out anywhere near the hp of the old bikes with similar displacement.
My Honda Shadow 750 is putting out less than 50 hp whereas my old CB 750 Nighthawk was putting out around 75 hp.
As watered down as they are in power the new water cooled bikes should last forever.
The guy who bought my old air/oil cooled CB 750 Nighthawk has put over 100K miles on it and I believe it is still running.

My 93 VFR 750 has over 120,000km on the OD and still runs strong. Only maintained items are sparkplug, tires chain and sprocket, and a rear wheel bearing.

My bike has about 95HP. An nc750 has about 65HP

Last edited:
I had responses from members on this site B****ing about a three hour ride like it was some sort of iron butt rally. :)
I guess it depends on your bike, if you can only do 1/2 hour rides 10k might be on the high side.

imo there are so many people who are selling bikes with next to no km on them it skews what people consider 'high-mileage'. I can't count the number of <10 year old bikes that somehow have less than 10,000km on them -- that's less than 1000km/year in some cases!

Yep. When I sold my 2000 Katana with 30K, some people thought it was high mileage... Yep, average of less than 2500 kms per year, she was definitely all worn out :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yep. When I sold my 2000 Katana with 30K, some people thought it was high mileage... Yep, average of less than 2500 kms per year, she was definitely al worn out :rolleyes
That's why I don't sell my bikes, just wear them out. I'd just get another & keep what I have

I sold my bike a few months back with 115k km, sold it without issue. If the price reflects the mileage, I don't think you'll have any issue. Bought the replacement at 44k km, once again price was right.

But the internets says it's high mileage. Short answer is the world and especially the gta is full of window licking morons.

I remember back in the day (early 90's) my dad went to go look at a shadow and turned it down to the fact he thought the 35,000km on it was the end of the bike life.

The new water cooled engines are less prone to hot spots in the rear cyclinder and should be good for even more mileage than the bikes with the old air/oil cooled engines.
Besides the new bikes are so choked up with emission junk that they aren't putting out anywhere near the hp of the old bikes with similar displacement.
My Honda Shadow 750 is putting out less than 50 hp whereas my old CB 750 Nighthawk was putting out around 75 hp.
As watered down as they are in power the new water cooled bikes should last forever.
The guy who bought my old air/oil cooled CB 750 Nighthawk has put over 100K miles on it and I believe it is still running.

The reason your Shadow makes less power than your Nighthawk did has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with emissions. At all.

the shadow is a v2
the nighthawk is an inline four.

2 x 750 cc = 45 hp
4 x 750 cc = 75 hp

???

i'd say the new engines better.

you like that eh?

the listed engine hp is the combined hp generated from each cylinder.
if a v2 can make 45 hp than each cylinder contributes 22.5 hp
if a i4 can make 75 hp than each cylinder contributes 18.75 hp

you like that eh?

the listed engine hp is the combined hp generated from each cylinder.
if a v2 can make 45 hp than each cylinder contributes 22.5 hp
if a i4 can make 75 hp than each cylinder contributes 18.75 hp

I was going to present an example of a 750 inline 4 that makes more or less than 75 hp but I wouldnt want your head to explode.

Or wait is it more or less then?

4 x 750 cc = 3000 cc?

yes. i skipped a step...

2010 honda shadow
2 x 750 cc = 1500 cc
1500 cc ÷ 45 hp = 33 cc / 1 hp

1992 honda cb 750
4 x 750 cc = 3000 cc
3000 cc ÷ 75 hp = 40 cc / 1 hp

in other words the v2 only needs 33 cc to make one hp were as the old i4 needs 40

yes. i skipped a step...

2010 honda shadow
2 x 750 cc = 1500 cc
1500 cc ÷ 45 hp = 33 cc / 1 hp

1992 honda cb 750
4 x 750 cc = 3000 cc
3000 cc ÷ 75 hp = 40 cc / 1 hp

in other words the v2 only needs 33 cc to make one hp were as the old i4 needs 40

twin or inline 4........TOTAL displacement = 750cc

Back
Top Bottom