July 11th GBR, I lost... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

July 11th GBR, I lost...

Drew had brake faliure, he changed his master later that day. he wasnt trying to pass him he had no brakes.
I saw the crash right infront of me.

So, I've got to ask....
Why on earth did Drew attempt to stick the pass in, stuffing, and then low siding into Dave in the process when he knew full well he didn't have brakes? Not attempting to slag him, but the question should be answered by none other than Drew himself.
Wouldn't going straight and running off track have been the correct thing to do? He was behind Dave, could have moved to the outside and avoided the whole situation and subsequent injury and hospital visit.

So, I've got to ask....
Why on earth did Drew attempt to stick the pass in, stuffing, and then low siding into Dave in the process when he knew full well he didn't have brakes? Not attempting to slag him, but the question should be answered by none other than Drew himself.
Wouldn't going straight and running off track have been the correct thing to do? He was behind Dave, could have moved to the outside and avoided the whole situation and subsequent injury and hospital visit.

LOL what do you know about any of this to have any valid opinion.

I pulled out to pass Dave on the brakes into OMG corner, my master cylinder failed. I pulled the lever to the handlebar with little to no braking given that my MASTER CYLINDER FAILED.

Any more questions?

So, I've got to ask....

If he was trail braking (which i think Drew actually uses) than you really wouldn't know until you are into the turn/lean

***** happens. Sun rise sunset

Dave

couple of years ago i broke my collar bone in a snowboarding wipe out. I remember it was one of the worst pains i have ever felt for the first 2 days

after those two days it was smooth sailing. Hopefully they gave you some good pain pills
952ff40361f2b9283f5d9b0306ec7789afd52a16dc5c2b41f2edb44ac8f3ed6a.jpg

LOL what do you know about any of this to have any valid opinion.
I pulled out to pass Dave on the brakes into OMG corner, my master cylinder failed. I pulled the lever to the handlebar with little to no braking given that my MASTER CYLINDER FAILED.
Any more questions?

As mentioned - I wasn't slagging you and simply thought it best to ask what happened, directly from you, and not from second or third hand information. Before forming an opinion, I wanted to hear directly from you.

I heard several opinions that the pass should never have been attempted cause the line was terrible, others say the pass would have been ok if your brakes would have worked, others blamed the fault squarely on rider error for not adapting to failed brakes and running off as a safety measure.

So, now that you have answered what happened, I have formulated my own opinion - which is valid for myself and that's about it - cause as everyone knows, opinions are like @ssholes - everyone's got one.

And so I bow out.

Last edited:
I'll admit that at first I thought it was a risky pass gone bad, but with brake failure in the mix all bets are off. Drew tried to finish the move he'd already started. Almost made it but tucked the front on the turtle. I'm over it, so everyone else should be too.

At least you're both here to tell the story. Could have been a lot worse. Hope you're both better soon and back on two

At least you're both here to tell the story. Could have been a lot worse. Hope you're both better soon and back on two

Exactly. I flew high and landed hard. God damned lucky for the same mud puddle that I was unlucky with in the morning. LOL

Dave

couple of years ago i broke my collar bone in a snowboarding wipe out. I remember it was one of the worst pains i have ever felt for the first 2 days

after those two days it was smooth sailing. Hopefully they gave you some good pain pills

Yep, it's much better today. I've managed the day without percocet. Hopefully I can manage night without too.

So, I've got to ask....

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. If he knew he had no brakes why the **** would he be on the track. Your post is full of stupid.

I just saw the pics on Facebook Dave.

Did you not know you had a broken collar bone (or any broken bones) after the crash?

See you sitting on the bike like nothing happened. lol

I'll admit that at first I thought it was a risky pass gone bad, but with brake failure in the mix all bets are off. Drew tried to finish the move he'd already started. Almost made it but tucked the front on the turtle. I'm over it, so everyone else should be too.
This was caused on the same spot as you crashed - you will heal soon :) - Count on not been as fast for a while lol

2013-07-23

Get well soon Dave, you'll have that kawy looking better then new for next years track days. Did you have a go pro running on the bike during the session ?

Glad to hear you're in good spirits. I managed to run off ( and almost **** my leathers) right there this weekend in the heat of battle, with brakes....so with brake failure, I can only imagine the OMG moment that happened a split second before Drew and you got mixed up. Two other riders pitted right with me had brakes suddenly go away this weekend as well, but luckily they were braking alone when they found out.

I just saw the pics on Facebook Dave.

Did you not know you had a broken collar bone (or any broken bones) after the crash?

See you sitting on the bike like nothing happened. lol

I ran off into the mud in the morning, not hurt in that one.

Get well soon Dave, you'll have that kawy looking better then new for next years track days. Did you have a go pro running on the bike during the session ?

No. I brought it with me but usually forget all about it. haha

Glad to hear you're in good spirits. I managed to run off ( and almost **** my leathers) right there this weekend in the heat of battle, with brakes....so with brake failure, I can only imagine the OMG moment that happened a split second before Drew and you got mixed up. Two other riders pitted right with me had brakes suddenly go away this weekend as well, but luckily they were braking alone when they found out.

Wow, that's some crazy brake failure epidemic.

Back
Top Bottom