July 11th GBR, I lost... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

July 11th GBR, I lost...

Really sorry to read about this, Dave! Hope you heal fast. Broken collarbone is bad enough, but I'm really glad you are at least ok and will recover fully. Damage to bike---meh, that's secondary; most important is you!

Thanks Orlin. We washed my bike today and it seems mostly cosmetic. Got the bent frame slider out and the mount looks to be fine.

I wish I knew about this, I've been under-repping for 3 years.
Maybe OP and I will have matching scars! GWS dude.

Few years back I crashed and broke my collar bone too. That's when Dave came up with the whole "Kohlarbonez" thing -- it's a mashup of "collar bone" and my last name. Been rocking it on my track bike ever since...
Neither of us had surgery.... my doc told me that if my shoulder was also damaged he would have taken the broken piece out and thrown it away (broke about 1 inch from the end).

But, I have to thank Dave for the Kohlarbonez (and all the technical help swapping a motor and countless other things too)... wouldn't ever have come up with that on my own. :thumbup:

**** can happen at every track, hope to see you out riding somewhere this year.
However at a trackday no one should be trying to pass at the apex of a corner. This was a race practice, so peeps are not willing to wait for a clean pass. At a pro 6 trackday you would only pass at apex once before being black flaged. Do it again and your day is done.

Ooh that sucks!!! GWS!

It's not my intention for this thread to be a bash session or anything like that. I know **** can happen anywhere. I just wanted to let people know I'm more or less okay since there always seem to be "anyone know what happened?" threads here, so I got ahead if that.

Thanks for the well wishes. It's already getting better every day so hopefully that keeps up.

However at a trackday no one should be trying to pass at the apex of a corner. This was a race practice, so peeps are not willing to wait for a clean pass. At a pro 6 trackday you would only pass at apex once before being black flaged. Do it again and your day is done.
If you come to a practice Day at a SOAR weekend and run on the fast group, you will be passed on the apex or anywhere else - however it is up to the passing rider to ensure they do it safely

That is why there are two groups, on the slow group no one will do that unless by mistake.

Let's be clear, I am in no way saying that Dave didn't get the short end of a stick as he is a very fast and competent ride but saying that at Pro6 days people don't make mistakes its kind of out of place.

...and like Dave said above, this is a GWS Dave thread, I am not continuing this conversation.

Last edited:
Few years back I crashed and broke my collar bone too. That's when Dave came up with the whole "Kohlarbonez" thing -- it's a mashup of "collar bone" and my last name. Been rocking it on my track bike ever since...
Neither of us had surgery.... my doc told me that if my shoulder was also damaged he would have taken the broken piece out and thrown it away (broke about 1 inch from the end).

But, I have to thank Dave for the Kohlarbonez (and all the technical help swapping a motor and countless other things too)... wouldn't ever have come up with that on my own. :thumbup:

Clever! I'd love to see a vinyl made up for it.

Mine was pretty serious as it was shattered, along with part of my shoulder. I got an awesome scar from surgery along with several screws, staples and a metal plate. I wonder what the doc thought when I finally went in for repairs....

#SELFIE
PAGE35.jpg

The third p6 day at mosport just before the nationals usually ends up like that Racers use it as an extra practice day. I have no problem telling someone they are riding like an *** on a track day, but saying that I've only had to ever do it once. The pro guys are pros for a reason. The passes are smooth and seamless 90% of the time.

They make great rabbits if you can hang with em.

Drew had brake faliure, he changed his master later that day. he wasnt trying to pass him he had no brakes.
I saw the crash right infront of me.

Drew had brake faliure, he changed his master later that day. he wasnt trying to pass him he had no brakes.
I saw the crash right infront of me.

Thanks for that information. This story was pissing me off a bit until you posted that. As was said above, even in race practice it is the responsibility of the passer to get by safely. But a mechanical failure is what it is and I am sure Drew did everything possible to avoid the incident.

Sorry for your rotten luck Dave! My advice to you is to ditch that Japanese junk and get an air-cooled Ducati. They crash awesome with little damage, as I proved this weekend...

He must have at least had some brakes, thank God for that or it would have been a 250km/h impact. From my point of view he tried to make the turn, and probably would have run off wide to the runway had he not tucked the front. It was a good try.

He must have at least had some brakes, thank God for that or it would have been a 250km/h impact. From my point of view he tried to make the turn, and probably would have run off wide to the runway had he not tucked the front. It was a good try.

LOL. Thats the spirit....
GWS

That would have been a ridiculous impact. You have an awesome attitude and I am glad you are mostly unscathed. GWS

Back
Top Bottom