Beginning touring: Niagara Region | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beginning touring: Niagara Region

jdavids1

Hey Guys

I've just starting getting into motorcycling this year. Does anyone know of any good destinations/routes for small bike tours leaving from the Niagara Region.

The gf and I are looking for some 2-3 hour drives we can take to different spots, so far the only destination we have planned is Ellicottville.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

The Niagara Parkway, from Niagara on the Lake to Ft. Erie is nice when it's not a weekend in the summer.

If you are planning on Ellicottville then maybe try doing a weekend tour to Alleghany area and some of the PA area a bit further east and south.
To many nice roads in that area and some great scenery down that way.

Some places to stop in :

Avondale Dairy Bar / Ice cream
Prudhommes Antique Market
Dufferin Island (for a place to rest / stretch legs)

When going through Niagara-on-the-Lake beware of the cow brains that think main street is a mall. Walk off the curb and down the middle of the street without looking.

Anything north is mostly water. East, West and South are viable options tho.

where are you starting out from?
what are you riding?

Ellicotville is nice.
PA is nice
Letchworth Park is supposed to be nice.

Last edited:
where are you starting out from?
what are you riding?

Ellicotville is nice.
PA is nice
Letchworth Park is supposed to be nice.

I have a 2007 gs500, starting from st Catharine's.

Its not bad but we need to take a break every hour or so to stretch etc. Its nice on back roads but its a bit squirrelly on the freeway if there's a crosswind it gets pushed around a bit.

I have a 2007 gs500, starting from st Catharine's.

Its not bad but we need to take a break every hour or so to stretch etc. Its nice on back roads but its a bit squirrelly on the freeway if there's a crosswind it gets pushed around a bit.

Ride to Fort Eria via the Niagara River Parkway (go early to avoid tourists). Cross into Buffalo. Head south towards PA.

The ride from St Kitts to Hamilton along 8/81 is nice along the top of the ridge, the view of the water is pretty cool. There are some nice little roads in the Jordan area, Balls Falls etc.

I just keep looking for roads going up and down the escarpment or along it and find some surprises along the way.

The Parkway is nice, a stop at the Timmies in Chippewa for a little break along the water is nice too.

Back
Top Bottom