Should i trade my bike in? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should i trade my bike in?

Travis25

I just bought a 2014 klr650 put 1700 miles on and in really starting to dislike it, its heavy tall shifts terribly slow and uncomfortable. I would trade it in for a 2009 cbr600rr. I would pay and extra 2000, and insurance is double but money isnt a huge difference i would rather have bike im happy with what do you guys think.

Have you been on an SS? If yes, then go for it. Only reason I ask the question first, to try avoiding being in this same situation. Good luck! :)

There must be a reason you went with a klr to begin with? Was it the cheap price tag or were you hoping to do some rough roads?

Years ago I wanted a klr, until I tried one. It was the old series but it felt like driving a tractor and felt like it wanted to lay down when taking a slow corner or uturn.

I'm much happier with the performance of my wee Strom.

Anyway, to answer your question, if you're not happy, trade it. Why keep a toy you don't like?

Reading between the lines I detect you're not happy. For 2 grand you could motard it including loud muffler. You'll still have cheap insurance, your license and most of your dignity. Find some love on the KLR forums.

...I would rather have bike im happy with what do you guys think.

If you are happy with your bike you will end up riding it much more. This is a good thing. Bad weather and traffic jams won't bother you as much. Trust your gut feeling. Do it!

The type of riding you do (weekend/pleasure, M-F commuting) and people you ride with are also important considerations. Ever planning to take a passenger?

Cheaper insurance

OK that makes sense, and rules out suggestions for pointing you towards adventure bikes. Talk to your broker and see what bikes are and aren't blacklisted. You could always go for something sportier with out the hit a RR will come with insurance wise.

You just bought a bike without thinking what style of riding you'd like to do?

Second bike, first was a 2004 klx 250 and loved it so i thought i would like the klr650. Also i thought i was going to take it trail riding but i dont want to risk crashing it or getting it dirty so im doing just street riding.

Sounds like you need more than one. You should've kept the KLX250 and bought a 600SS as well. Then later you can add a third bike for long cruises - an ST1100, or a Dyna Switchback (whichever religion you like better).

Lol - you may think I'm joking, but I'm not - I can tell that you are addicted.

Second bike, first was a 2004 klx 250 and loved it so i thought i would like the klr650. Also i thought i was going to take it trail riding but i dont want to risk crashing it or getting it dirty so im doing just street riding.

Crashing or getting dirty are one of the main pitfalls of off road riding. Also falling into pits should be avoided. Time to get back on the pavement where that never happens.

Only paying $2000 for an SS is a good deal. Make sure you demo the bike before you buy it; there may be something else you don't like about the CBR.

Back
Top Bottom