Heavy Duty Cycles Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heavy Duty Cycles Review

TSquared

Heavy Duty Cycles Review BEWARE

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this shop.
I came by to change my rear brakes on a bike I recently purchased. He tells me I have worn down sprockets and need a new chain, as well as rotor. His quote was ridiculously high, even though he boosted about being the cheapest place to get work done. I asked if I was to source the parts and have him do the work, he refused.

He quoted Shinko Tires at $180, and Michelin Pilot Road 2 at $300+.

I went to the dealership instead, got quoted $120 for Shinko, and $189.99 for Michelin Pilot Road 2 Rear. The dealership also told me my chain is almost brand new and just needed to be clean, the sprockets were also in excellent condition and told me the only thing I needed was rear brake pads and rear tire. I ended up changing all of my brakes and the rear tire.

The rotor has some wear on it, but they said it should be fine for now and not an urgent repair job as the other guys were saying.

For custom bikes I can see why they exist, but for general repairs HELL NO.

Anyway let me know if anyone else had the same experience.

Last edited:
Re: Heavy Duty Cycles Review BEWARE

Was the prices he quoted for tires installed ? Vs the dealer is plus tax and plus install ?

The quote was for part only, he quoted me 1hr for install which seem fair. The big issue I have is that he told me to get new sprocket and chain, i went online and bought it cheaper then he quoted but then ended up not even needing it and having to pay a re-stocking fee to return the parts.

He was so confident my chain and sprocket needed change that he told me it was illegal for me to be on the road with that. Made a big deal how I needed to change it asap or big problems will happen. When I compared the new sprocket with old sprocket, it looked almost brand new, probably less then 1 year on it. The chain looked new after being cleaned, it was a DID chain, which no slack on it.

This mechanic probably would have just clean my chain and sprocket and tell me he replaced it just for an easy buck.

Last edited:

wow, i posted a bad review on them on YELP, and some how they got the post remove. What scum.

Had a chat with Tony, def different views, faults on his end but he assured me that if I came to him and did a formal inspection then he wouldn't have charged me for things that didn't need repair. Like people had posted on the other thread, he's about safety first and is super anal about his standards, based on what he saw on my brakes he saw a dirty chain and sprocket, he made a wrong educated guess. The big fault on his side was how he said it with most confidence, lesson learned is not to do quotes or problem solve without a full inspection.

My lesson is to seek an opinion only once inspected. Or Second opinion before buying parts.

As long as everyone learns then we should be okay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom