WTF! Parking is BACK on Simcoe!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

WTF! Parking is BACK on Simcoe!!!

kiwi

Loop after my surprise the other week with the cycle lanes on Simcoe St, I spotted today that one of the lanes is now back with 2 parking bays!!

So the Cyclists ride down the curbside and the parks are in the lane.. Simcoe is now a one lane street for traffic. lol!

I guess Cyclists now have to watch out for "dooring" from passenger side doors.. and they dont have anywhere to go to avoid! lol!

original thread:http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Street-Parking-has-GONE!-Cycle-lanes-instead-

Last edited:
WTF???? I walked past there just this past Wednesday on my way to Shoeless Joe's to watch the NED vs ARG game; the parking spots were NOT there Wed night. This must be a very recent development.... how strange.

The signs indicated paid parking from 8am- xpm (I cant remember the time), Monday -Friday. So it wasnt a clearway in the morning. Ticket machines were uncovered,.

Hahahaha suck it cyclists.

Yep, right next to the wave threads ;-)

Ya I walked by today and saw some old dude in a car waiting behind the parked cars thinking they were traffic. I loled all the way to the subway. personally I think those bike lanes are a huge waste of space and will create even more gridlock now. I sure as hell wouldn't park there having 2 live lanes in front n behind my parked bike.

Just rode through Simcoe tonight with a few friends. It's kind of confusing going through there, at one point we thought we were going the wrong way down a one-way street. lol.

Updated with pics

Yep. I've gotta say, even as someone who's spent time downtown on these already-confusing streets... that just looks insane. Nothing about how this has been done makes any sense to me.

Yep. I've gotta say, even as someone who's spent time downtown on these already-confusing streets... that just looks insane. Nothing about how this has been done makes any sense to me.

Its mayhem in Evening rushhour. People lined up behind parked cars. lol.
BTW - Parking as allowed ALL DAY.

They have become defacto motorcycle parking bays for the most part.

What a cluster****. Cyclists want Toronto to become the new Amsterdam. Except Amsterdam doesn't have snow 4 months of the year to render the bike lanes virtually unused. Complete waste of road space.

I hear there's 3 guys in the city that ride in the snow.

Anyways at least there's some parking there.. We'll see how the usage stats come.
That area is heavely congested though at rush hours

It was definitely amusing to watch two cars this morning wait patiently for a parked truck they thought was traffic to move.

More chaos on Simcoe today, this time closer to queen... looks like they have started to enforce the time limit as an entire row of bikes was ticketed just South of Queen on West side of Simcoe...

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2793.JPG

What time was that?

Isnt that time limit for the section north of Richmond St?

Some NICE bikes out today. Good viewing when I went by earlier.. :)

I bet that ticket is for parking for more than 15 minutes between 6:30-9:30am. Motorcycles are NOT exempt from specifically posted time limit restrictions like that.

You could probably park there from 9:30am until 3:30pm without issue. Or better yet, find a street where there is no time restriction like that. That type of signage is rare on side streets.

Back
Top Bottom