Wyoming or Colorado | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wyoming or Colorado

RockerGuy

Banned
Site Supporter
So I just came from a trip to these 2 states and I really loved it there. Its an outdoorsman wet dream. There is so much to do around the area and the view is just spectacular.

My question is, have anyone lived there? What do you "not" like about the place? I already have thousands of reasons why I like the place :)

Oh yeh, politically, I agree with Wyoming so I would blend right in. I am a little "right" of center, so I won't like a place that would have strong "left" views. I know Wyoming swings "waaaaaay" right, but better right than left :D.

For those who care, this is what captured my heart.

DSCF3182_zps289809a5.jpg

DSCF3176_zpsf20b2e1d.jpg

DSCF3169_zps57391632.jpg

DSCF3162_zpsd4808441.jpg

DSCF3135_zpsec70b3c9.jpg

DSCF3132_zpse466b644.jpg

Thanks in advance for constructive replies

DSCF3008_zpscb0b3566.jpg

DSCF3092_zps5aa8ce7a.jpg

DSCF3088_zps572f31a5.jpg

The hiking is just Spectacular in Colorado. I hear some of the fittest people in the US lives there.
DSCF3055_zps0ade61da.jpg

DSCF3041_zps47bafd7c.jpg

Great outdoor concerts
DSCF2998_zpsee97e596.jpg

DSCF2985_zpsc59657f7.jpg

DSCF2956_zps4ce0206e.jpg

I cannot answer your questions as I have never lived in the US, although like you I would move there in a second if I could -- especially to the warmer more right leaning states where I could ride a dirt bike and/or atv all year long... like Arizona, north Texas, etc...

I think before you start asking where is the best place to live you might want to sort out where you can find a job. I will not be moving to the US because I don't know how I would find a job that is at least as good as the job I have now in terms of salary and benefits.

In the mid 2000s when I had just received my MSc I applied for a few positions in the US in the GIS field and I got absolutely no response. My CV was good and I was getting responses in Canada, so I suspect it had something to do with my citizenship and the hassle of having to deal with immigration.

I cannot answer your questions as I have never lived in the US, although like you I would move there in a second if I could -- especially to the warmer more right leaning states where I could ride a dirt bike and/or atv all year long... like Arizona, north Texas, etc...

I think before you start asking where is the best place to live you might want to sort out where you can find a job. I will not be moving to the US because I don't know how I would find a job that is at least as good as the job I have now in terms of salary and benefits.

In the mid 2000s when I had just received my MSc I applied for a few positions in the US in the GIS field and I got absolutely no response. My CV was good and I was getting responses in Canada, so I suspect it had something to do with my citizenship and the hassle of having to deal with immigration.

Yeh, I am currently looking at things from all angles. In my field I can find about anywhere, as long as its in a city. I love the country, but you can't have it all. That's why I was thinking of living between Wyoming or Colorado.

I just wanted to know if the place was as pleasant as it appears before I look into immigration procedures. Who knows, maybe I should visit my brother more often and marry a nice American girl :)

So I just came from a trip to these 2 states and I really loved it there. Its an outdoorsman wet dream. There is so much to do around the area and the view is just spectacular.

My question is, have anyone lived there? What do you "not" like about the place? I already have thousands of reasons why I like the place :)

Oh yeh, politically, I agree with Wyoming so I would blend right in. I am a little "right" of center, so I won't like a place that would have strong "left" views. I know Wyoming swings "waaaaaay" right, but better right than left :D.

For those who care, this is what captured my heart.

DSCF3182_zps289809a5.jpg

DSCF3176_zpsf20b2e1d.jpg

DSCF3169_zps57391632.jpg

DSCF3162_zpsd4808441.jpg

DSCF3135_zpsec70b3c9.jpg

DSCF3132_zpse466b644.jpg

Thanks in advance for constructive replies

You can get the KFC Hillary Clinton special in Colorado.
It consists of,2 small breasts,2 fat thighs and a left wing.

It does look lovely but yellow stone it pretty geologically unstable. Yellow stone is a huge volcano that due for an eruption that would be a pretty catastrophic thing for the states with some knockon effects for Canada to.
But who knows that could happen within the next Hundred or a thousand or millions of years. Be aware immigration is an expensive thing and is Rought with paperwork and bureaucracy and emotional turmoil(i speak from experience) but of course it can be worth it. It was for me i love living here. You will also need to consider things like health care if you moving to the states.

If you think you would enjoy living there you can also go on a short term basis for a few years and come back if you want to. I was only going to live here for 5 years originally but then we said **** it not going back to the UK.

Why not try Alberta? No immigration complications, more politically in line with how you've described yourself.

[video=vimeo;80836225]http://vimeo.com/80836225[/video]
That was beautiful!
Wyoming has such a vast dynamic environment. There's grasslands, semi arid deserts, & forests. The landscape itself is not all flat, there are mountains & rolling hills.

I was tempted to stop the car to take a hike, it was the first time I have ever seen so far into the horizon at 360 deg..
Next time I go there I will hike off the beaten trail.

Although I didn't get to explore ins and outs of Wyoming, I gota say I'd take Colorado any day.

Cheyenne felt poor and ghetto, while Colorado is super rich, both naturally and economically.

Just in case you missed it, I got a few Colorado pics in here from my trip: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?175107-T-O-to-California-in-14days
I wouldn't mind living in Wyoming because of Yellowstone National Park.
Downtown WY was pretty cute.
runeju8y.jpg

apubybur.jpg

uvesytur.jpg

I did went to Denver, CO. The city is quite spread out, but I wouldn't be there for the city. Imagine climbing "real" rocks rather than a man-made wall.

I lived in Denver , Brighton, Lakewood, Brighton...Colorado as well as Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Best roads to ride just west of Denver , the "GTAM" guys of Denver hold rides up there at night (Mount Evans) you can't make a mistake but if you do at least you have someone at the top who can call a chopper :)

I loved the weather , incredible mild summer and winter compared to Toronto. A little dry.

Loved the authentic Mexican food. The Diners aren't much on style but excellent food.

Mile high has been torn down since I lived there but it's nice to live in an NFL town.

I lived in Denver , Brighton, Lakewood, Brighton...Colorado as well as Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Best roads to ride just west of Denver , the "GTAM" guys of Denver hold rides up there at night (Mount Evans) you can't make a mistake but if you do at least you have someone at the top who can call a chopper :)

I loved the weather , incredible mild summer and winter compared to Toronto. A little dry.

Loved the authentic Mexican food. The Diners aren't much on style but excellent food.

Mile high has been torn down since I lived there but it's nice to live in an NFL town.
There's gtam guys in Denver?

Why not try Alberta? No immigration complications, more politically in line with how you've described yourself.
From people's description, I heard the landscape is rather boring, plus I don't think I can stand the winter there. I've never been there, maybe I should plan a trip there someday

I thought you meant people from Toronto.

Are you military?

When I was on my way to Mount Evans, I stopped for lunch at Idaho Springs, CO for "Mountain Pizza". As I was taking the following picture, I found a nail in my tire, and had to ride back to Denver for the patch.

2013-08-06+11.51.51.jpg

A few hours later, I was back in Idaho Springs with a T patch, and ready to go up finally, but then there was a huge storm. So, I skipped Mt. Evans =(

2013-08-06+16.05.18.jpg

I've been wondering if it could beat Rocky Mountain National Park though. That was truly epic. Brand new black asphalt, dust & debris free technical road, amazing scenery, and dense wildlife to watch.

From people's description, I heard the landscape is rather boring, plus I don't think I can stand the winter there. I've never been there, maybe I should plan a trip there someday

I thought you meant people from Toronto.

Are you military?

I lived in Fort McMurray Alberta for 6 months (winter time) most dreaded experience of my life.

-50C

........... No thanks!

I am not military...although there are lots of missile silo's in CO and WY
I was supposed to check them out, didn't have time, but I did find something that matches your name
yzu6aser.jpg

uva3anun.jpg

That's a C-130 Hercules...they are all over the place in Cheyenne at the air force base...they fly everyday over the town.

This is a stratofortress :)

b_52h_stratofortress_l1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom