Speeding ticket, cop radar location okay? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket, cop radar location okay?

2motors

Friend got a ticket, just curious are officers allowed to setup radar in private driveways, such as a home. I would think not?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They have to leave if the owners ask them too but...it wont invalidate the ticket

So it's alright for cops to tresspass on private property to set up speed traps? I thought evidence obtained while breaking the law was not admissable?

I remember on rutherford there was this car parked outside someone's house in their driveqay that had decals which looked awfully liked a police cars decals from far away at night. It was a pretty popular car too everyone knew about it when you mentioned it to them.

One of my friends was going 100+ down rutherford and a cop set up a speed trap behind the car that looked like a police car. Pretty sure my friend still got the ticket.

So it's alright for cops to tresspass on private property to set up speed traps? I thought evidence obtained while breaking the law was not admissable?
unless there is a fence and a "no trespassing" sign, anyone is allowed to walk up to your house.

think about mailmen, paperboys, or door to door salesman. The list of "ok" and "not ok" people would be so large, and it would be different from house to house too. The legislation required to cover everything and everyone would be ridiculous. So it was left to be, you have to put up a fence and gate if you don't want people on your property. simpler.

I mean what if some lawmaker forgot about girl guide cookies. Would you allow them to be off the whitelist because they were forgotten? No more cookies? EVER?!?!!?!

I mean what if some lawmaker forgot about girl guide cookies. Would you allow them to be off the whitelist because they were forgotten? No more cookies? EVER?!?!!?!

ThisIsAnOutrage.jpg

If a space is open with no trespassing or fence then public access is assumed. It only becomes trespassing if the don't leave when asked.

Back
Top Bottom