Road rage | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road rage

Why should this guy get charged to the max when Cops and politicians get off of everything? Rob Ford gets video taped talking on a cell phone while driving, Cop's wife near Barrie hits a cyclist and she sues the family, Michael Byrant kills a cyclist then writes a book trying to profit from it. The elite get off but many posters in this thread want this guy to get the max. Doesn't sound fair, especially because we are only hearing the sensationalized police side of it.

Why should this guy get charged to the max when Cops and politicians get off of everything? Rob Ford gets video taped talking on a cell phone while driving, Cop's wife near Barrie hits a cyclist and she sues the family, Michael Byrant kills a cyclist then writes a book trying to profit from it. The elite get off but many posters in this thread want this guy to get the max. Doesn't sound fair, especially because we are only hearing the sensationalized police side of it.

Skip the first two for a minute. The last one is a situation that you apparently know little about. I am far from being a fan of Michael Bryant. I would have wished for the worst possible to happen to him; dragged through the courts and spend 20 years behind bars. I can tell you that justice was actually done in that situation, though I feel that he was given preferential treatment immediately after being taken into custody.

Now back to the first two. I have to wonder if Ford wasn't landed on, at the time, because he was under investigation for a variety of things. You wouldn't want a criminal investigation to fail because of a traffic infraction, would you? That may still be ongoing. It annoyed me at the time, but in retrospect it might well have been reasonable. The second situation is somewhat conflated. You can sue anyone you want to, for practically anything. That doesn't mean that it's going to survive the first 30 seconds after it has been put in front of a judge.

On the other hand we have one citizen raging at another citizen, being tracked by his license plate, and then turning himself in. There will be obvious physical evidence.

Alright, I want to go for a ride. Got my helmet, got my full tank of gas, got my steel block. I'm ready to go!

WTF?! What possesses someone to even pack a steel block to begin with?! And then to even have it handy for use?!

we all function on different levels

I'd say the guy in the Hyundai that passed me on the long corner under the Upper Middle overpass on the 403 (I was doing 125-130) with the doughnut on the front right functions on a different level alright.

I did get a good laugh at the irony of the sign in his back window as he flew by.

baby-on-board-2.jpg

"Edwin Hepburn of Acton, Ont., is charged with mischief endangering life, dangerous driving, assault with a weapon and mischief."

Mischief Endangering Life - CC Section 430 (2) - Possible life sentence
Dangerous Driving - CC Section 249 (3) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Assault With Weapon Causing Bodily Harm - CC Section 267 (b) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Simple Mischief - CC Section 430 (4) - Possible imprisonment term of up to two years

There's no need for an attempt murder charge here.

Anyone want to guess his legal fees? None of this is traffic court, all criminal. Hope he doesn't have a timeshare in the USA.

One thing that gets me is why anyone tailgates when wanting to pass. I hang back and time the gaps in oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
I'd say the guy in the Hyundai that passed me on the long corner under the Upper Middle overpass on the 403 (I was doing 125-130) with the doughnut on the front right functions on a different level alright.

I did get a good laugh at the irony of the sign in his back window as he flew by.

baby-on-board-2.jpg

People use those signs as decoys, you know like, Up with Police or MADD stickers. What lane were you in?

So far we've had it being the Police departments' fault, the victim's fault, and possibly Rob Ford's fault.

Is anyone going to claim that it's somehow my fault next?

Given that the police department involved was Halton ... Within Halton region, highway 7 is 4 lanes west of Georgetown in the section that is concurrent with Trafalgar Road, and it is 4 lanes through Georgetown itself. Article doesn't specify where the incident took place, and it really doesn't matter.

I wonder what the driver in front did, that ticked off the driver who overtook and did this in the process ... "it takes two to tango" is true more often than not. Too slow ... brake checking ... speeding up and slowing down randomly ... who knows.

Given that the police department involved was Halton ... Within Halton region, highway 7 is 4 lanes west of Georgetown in the section that is concurrent with Trafalgar Road, and it is 4 lanes through Georgetown itself. Article doesn't specify where the incident took place, and it really doesn't matter.

I wonder what the driver in front did, that ticked off the driver who overtook and did this in the process ... "it takes two to tango" is true more often than not. Too slow ... brake checking ... speeding up and slowing down randomly ... who knows.

Lets put this straight. All drivers get ticked off at other drivers, at some point. I've never seen an exception.
that's perfectly alright and normal. Only a small number, take this to the next level, where they try to directly hurt someone else. That isn't normal, and needs to be dealt with.

Lets put this straight. All drivers get ticked off at other drivers, at some point. I've never seen an exception.
that's perfectly alright and normal. Only a small number, take this to the next level, where they try to directly hurt someone else. That isn't normal, and needs to be dealt with.

Well said. Behavior like this isn't acceptable. You're not going anywhere in a such a hurry to warrant anything like what happened. Hope this tool is made an example of.

Alright, I want to go for a ride. Got my helmet, got my full tank of gas, got my steel block. I'm ready to go!

WTF?! What possesses someone to even pack a steel block to begin with?! And then to even have it handy for use?!

+1 - Just the fact the guy is driving around with a "steel block" means there is some kind of mental issue going on here.

From the National Post:

"The block the size of an “adult-hand” and heavy, although why the driver had it in the vehicle is so far unknown, according to police.

“The way it’s been described, it’s like a piece of scrap metal,” said Detective Sergeant Nick Milinovich of Halton Regional Police. “But honestly, even investigators are at a loss as to what it actually is.”"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...gh-window-of-familys-car-on-highway-7-police/

I have to wonder how the victim was driving to piss off the assailant and if it would be considered endangering his two kids. ******* or not, any ******** I know that carry stuff to throw at other cars don't just throw it randomly...

And what could that driver have done that would justify the guy throwing a something at the car...?
How many *******'s do you know that carry around stuff to throw at people?

It goes to two lanes just south, or east actually, of Trafalgar.

"The children, aged five and 3 months were treated for glass shards that struck their faces and eyes.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/driver-kid...t-of-road-rage-police-1.1905287#ixzz3700VJU9C

What a ****en wanker...

I was ****** off yesterday because it was reported that the kids were hurt.. sounds like they were ok.

I found this (In all places the SUN!) . Goes to show the big variation in media reports...

"Hills on Monday just after 10 a.m. when a black Ford Ranger pickup truck came baring down on them from behind and began tailgating them, the driver apparently wanting to pass, Det.-Sgt. Nick Milinovich said.

The slower vehicle was not moving fast enough for the driver of the pickup and there was “an exchange” between people in the two vehicles, with the pickup following the family’s vehicle “too closely” for a short period of time, he said.

When the highway turned into two eastbound lanes, the family’s vehicle went to the right to let the truck pass, but the pickup driver did the same in an attempt to pass the family’s car on the right, Milinovich said. The pickup then jerked into the left lane and proceeded to pass the family’s vehicle.

But while passing, the driver of the pickup hurled a heavy, hand-sized “steel block” through his own open passenger window and sent it smashing through the half-open driver’s-side window of the family’s vehicle, police alleged.

The pickup allegedly sped off but not before the man and woman in the car were able to note the plate number.

The woman driver of the family car suffered a scrape and bruising to her back from being hit with the piece of steel, and the two children — a five-year-old and three-month-old — were hit with shards of broken glass. Both kids were examined by EMS but were not injured, Milinovich said."

read more : http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/09/driver-kids-hurt-in-atrocious-fit-of-road-rage

+1 - Just the fact the guy is driving around with a "steel block" means there is some kind of mental issue going on here.

From the National Post:

"The block the size of an “adult-hand” and heavy, although why the driver had it in the vehicle is so far unknown, according to police.

“The way it’s been described, it’s like a piece of scrap metal,” said Detective Sergeant Nick Milinovich of Halton Regional Police. “But honestly, even investigators are at a loss as to what it actually is.”"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...gh-window-of-familys-car-on-highway-7-police/

Scrap steel in a car. Pocket full of broken spark plugs or some ball bearings. Same thing, calling into question the person's mental processes.

I have to wonder how the victim was driving to piss off the assailant and if it would be considered endangering his two kids. ******* or not, any ******** I know that carry stuff to throw at other cars don't just throw it randomly...

The statement was that there was some sort of 'exchange' slightly prior to the object being thrown. Could have been brake checking. Could have been giving each other the finger. It isn't specified, but throwing a heavy object is a conscious decision to either harm someone, or do property damage.

It goes to two lanes just south, or east actually, of Trafalgar.

The throwing incident occurred at some point where the road went from one lane each way, to two lanes each way when the rager made his pass.

We need to hear both sides of the story!

Back
Top Bottom