Road rage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road rage

Stupidity at it's finest again !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

So this is what it has come to? Think of this, when you start talking about tossing bolts or something at other vehicles:

http://www.cp24.com/news/driver-kids-hurt-in-atrocious-fit-of-road-rage-police-1.1905287

Quite seriously, we all have bad days, tension in our lives, things go wrong, unrealistic expectations from others, everyone's out to get me etc. Agreed, if it comes to this it's time to rethink our expectations.

Anger is almost always the result of not getting what we expect. Driving in southern Ontario? Don't expect open roads and calming vistas.

If someone carries steel bars, spark plugs etc as ammo it speaks of a premeditated attitude. Time to see a shrink.

Last edited:
If our enforcement officers were smart and gave a damn, they will realize this is a red flag to stat doing some left lane enforcement in order to prevent this kind of stupidity.

Yes of course the aggressor is an idiot for doing this, specially with kids inside the van but if left lane only for passing was enforced this would most likely not happen.

I know when kids are involved people lose their perspective, but there is more to this story than just some crazy ragging guy, including some anger management therapy but the constant traffic crap mostly caused by dumb *** drivers including that driver on that minivan with his family is a cooking pot that will finally finish in situations like this.

... but it is easier to just say "crazy guy" and continue to enforce "speed" as the problem and make some cash from us

Last edited:
Based on the description of the incident it was on a section of 7 that is single lane, each way. It doesn't sound like a 'left lane bandit' situation. I've taken that route, many times, when visiting friends in Fergus.

If someone's on your ***, just let them pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the laughable justice system Canada has, the charged driver will be set free in less than a month.

If someone's on your a55, just let them pass.

a vehicle followed close behind looking for a chance to pass. The driver did eventually pass, but while doing so, allegedly threw a steel block into the partially open window of the family's vehicle.

if it's a single lane with traffic, is he supposed to pull over cause some idiot wants to go fast?

This should be a lesson to us. I've seen a lot of motorcyclists right on a cars bumper while waiting to pass

This should be a lesson to us. I've seen a lot of motorcyclists right on a cars bumper while waiting to pass

What is the message of that lesson :confused:
As mentioned above this is a two lane road.
IMHO there is absolutely no justification what so ever for what Edwin Hepburn of Acton, Ont. did.

Last edited:
They should charge him with Attempt to commit murder... and see if it sticks... to make an example of him.
Just like they did with the duck girl in Quebec for criminal negligence...

Don't condone the actions of throwing steel blocks, but let's ask what took it to this level?
Article starts when he's passing and throws something at the vehicle.
How do you know the guy in front wasn't doing 40/hr and brake checking? maybe he egged him on? maybe he didn't?

I don't see what having kids in the car makes anyone less of an ******* when they're driving.

Don't condone the actions of throwing steel blocks, but let's ask what took it to this level?
Article starts when he's passing and throws something at the vehicle.
How do you know the guy in front wasn't doing 40/hr and brake checking? maybe he egged him on? maybe he didn't?

I don't see what having kids in the car makes anyone less of an ******* when they're driving.

It really doesn't matter what the driver in front did or did not do or what speed he was traveling at.
Just step on it, pass him and get on with your life.

They should charge him with Attempt to commit murder... and see if it sticks... to make an example of him.
Just like they did with the duck girl in Quebec for criminal negligence...

"Edwin Hepburn of Acton, Ont., is charged with mischief endangering life, dangerous driving, assault with a weapon and mischief."

Mischief Endangering Life - CC Section 430 (2) - Possible life sentence
Dangerous Driving - CC Section 249 (3) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Assault With Weapon Causing Bodily Harm - CC Section 267 (b) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Simple Mischief - CC Section 430 (4) - Possible imprisonment term of up to two years

There's no need for an attempt murder charge here.

"Edwin Hepburn of Acton, Ont., is charged with mischief endangering life, dangerous driving, assault with a weapon and mischief."

Mischief Endangering Life - CC Section 430 (2) - Possible life sentence
Dangerous Driving - CC Section 249 (3) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Assault With Weapon Causing Bodily Harm - CC Section 267 (b) - Possible imprisonment term of up to ten years
Simple Mischief - CC Section 430 (4) - Possible imprisonment term of up to two years

There's no need for an attempt murder charge here.

Good. If i am involved in a situation that might escalate and separate myself from it and deescalate its just not worth the hassle.

I'm not sure what superpower you used to infer this was a left lane bandit case, but do tell...

Based on the description of the incident it was on a section of 7 that is single lane, each way. It doesn't sound like a 'left lane bandit' situation. I've taken that route, many times, when visiting friends in Fergus.
If that is the case then I degrees

I get as mad as the next guy at people who can't drive with the supreme competence I display daily but it behooves me to remember we all function on different levels not everybody has the reflexes, eye sight and sound judgement of M.Shoemaker pre rock climbing incident. Seriously, we would be well served to accept that public roads need to accommodate a huge envelope of talent. Not everybody that doesn't "get it" behind the wheel is trying to mess up your day.

There's nowhere that hwy 7 from kitchener to Georgetown is more than 2 lanes. This clever douche deserves everything he gets which I hope is the max. There's absolutely no excuse for any of it. Minimum they should take his license for at least 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom