Comprehensive Motorcycle Technical Inspection for track day SportBikeMovement.ca | GTAMotorcycle.com

Comprehensive Motorcycle Technical Inspection for track day SportBikeMovement.ca

sparkybp

Hey guys, I took a bit of time the other day to devise what I considered to be a pretty decent checklist to inspect the condition of your motorcycle. It was intended for track riding but almost everything on there applies to street riding. Please let me know what you think and hope you enjoy and actually get to use it.

http://sportbikemovement.ca/forum/t...ve-motorcycle-technical-inspection-check-list

Just click on the PDF download in the first post in that thread.

Again let me know how you feel about this!

As far as "what to bring" checklist I use this one (added a few personal items to the top), as I notice some of your list was "what to bring" vs. actual bike inspection.

trackprep.jpg

I think the push broom is my most commonly borrowed item, along with my little stand alone battery powered air compressor or calibrated professional air gauge.

A little thing that me and ZX600 do at the track is that we re-tech each others bikes.

You'd be surprised at what another set of eyes can do when looking at your bike trying to find problems.

Yeah you get so used to thinking everything is ok on your bike you miss stuff I always feel like I need to look again and again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey sparky, have you read this? The Beginner's Guide to Ontario Track Days

It's quite comprehensive. I don't want to discourage you from making your own list, but it will largely be reinvention of the wheel. Reading the three "Track Days / Track Riding" sticky threads will give you a really solid start.

i was kidding, i think anyone that has done more than one track day probably has their own list - I use a phone sticky note and as the week goes by and i come across something I need to take, i make a note of it and gets added to my previous list, so after a few race/track days my list is pretty solid.

I was actually thinking of taking a photo of the list that GSXR Girl has for track/dirt days and posting it. :p

i was kidding, i think anyone that has done more than one track day probably has their own list - I use a phone sticky note and as the week goes by and i come across something I need to take, i make a note of it and gets added to my previous list, so after a few race/track days my list is pretty solid.

I know. haha...

Yeah, I don't really have a written down list. Just a mental list. It becomes second nature.

I keep my check list in my head. Although I tend to bring way too much. Haven't left anything yet! But there's always next weekend....

And never unpack......

This is so true. All week I've been working from my toolbox instead of my peg board because I don't want to unpack and repack the wrenches I select for track days over a 10 day span. LOL

The VRRA does their tech inspection using a checklist on a form, which is pretty comprehensive. I haven't found a copy of it online, though. Some of it will be more relevant for a race bike than a street/trackday bike ... but prepping your track day bike the same as a race bike is not a bad thing to do.

The VRRA does their tech inspection using a checklist on a form, which is pretty comprehensive. I haven't found a copy of it online, though. Some of it will be more relevant for a race bike than a street/trackday bike ... but prepping your track day bike the same as a race bike is not a bad thing to do.

I agree. I've had people laugh at me for safety wiring almost everything on my track bike. When I'm out there dicing it up with racers, what's the difference?

Back
Top Bottom