Cabot Trail -- leaving tomorrow quick question! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cabot Trail -- leaving tomorrow quick question!

canuckerjay

Site Supporter
Hey once i get out there, I'm staying in Baddeck for two nights and exploring cabot trail and maybe Meat Cove Road and maybe whale watch at Oshan (have to see about the last one).

For those who have been there done that; I'm wondering

if it's at all worth it to ride the complete cabot trail circle route, past Cheticamp and back down through Margaree Falls; OR just stick to the coast, going up to Cheticamp and back down a few times?

Love nice sweeping curves, amazing landscape and scenery, and good road conditions.

Really really hate gravel and busted up road conditions. Construction sux too.

First night staying in Manchester NH. Yes it's a haul; I've done longer.
Should I head around the lake and go through NY,
or cross at Kingston,
or cross at Montreal and go down?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Cross at Cornwall and go into northern Vermont. It's quick.

I'd do the whole route, as there is a Tim Horton's in Cheticamp that makes a nice break to the day.

It's not in that great a condition, so watch for pressure cracks etc. There was a ton of construction on it last time I was there, in 2011.

IMHO not even worth doing at all from a riding perspective unless the roads got seriously repaved over the years. Beautiful scenery but not much of a ride.

BB

Meat Cove - the path leading from Cabot Trail is unpaved. take it easy going in. rear brakes will be your best friend. Stay loose. Once you get there, you'll know that it's worth the trouble. Last time I was there (2012), part of the road was washed up.

As for the Cabot Trail, you'll want to do it counter-clock wise from south to north then west, so that you get to be riding next to the coast.

Have fun!

+1 for counter clockwise. Ridden it twice, loved it both times. Stunning vistas. Worth doing the whole thing. Not a technical ride, but definitely not boring. Keep your eyes on the road and admire the scenery from the look outs. Long way down in some spots.

Can't remember the name of the restaurant, somewhere on the eastern side of the Cabot trail, they sell an I rode the Cabot trail t-shirt. Only place you can get one is there so it makes a cool souvenir.

+1 for counter clockwise. Ridden it twice, loved it both times. Stunning vistas. Worth doing the whole thing. Not a technical ride, but definitely not boring. Keep your eyes on the road and admire the scenery from the look outs. Long way down in some spots.

Can't remember the name of the restaurant, somewhere on the eastern side of the Cabot trail, they sell an I rode the Cabot trail t-shirt. Only place you can get one is there so it makes a cool souvenir.

The restaurant is called Coastal Waters.

If I had the chance I'd do it clockwise & counterclockwise. I only did it clockwise & regretted it

Back
Top Bottom