Supersport vs Supermoto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supersport vs Supermoto

I guess it would depend on the goonery you prefer...

On a supersport you're just going to go stupid fast and run from cops I guess, on a supermoto you can just go straight stupid...

Hopping curbs, going up and down stairs, cutting across parks, through walking/bike trails, hell I'll ****ing rip through farm fields and that bush off the highway and no ****s given here!!

Anything with "super" in it could be cause for concern in the wrong hands.

I'm looking into the Super Duke R as my next bike.............

:agave:

When I ride the 954RR = fast riding.

When I ride the WR250X = general douchbaggery. Wheelies downtown, shortcuts to the Timmies parking lots through the grass, drifts into corners with a squealing and smoking rear tire.

People LOOK at you when you're on the supermoto and think "WTF a dirt bike with street tires??!"

I speed up for gravel and speed bumps, whereas on the supersport, I slow down.

When I ride the WR250X = general douchbaggery. Wheelies downtown, shortcuts to the Timmies parking lots through the grass, drifts into corners with a squealing and smoking rear tire.

People LOOK at you when you're on the supermoto and think "WTF a dirt bike with street tires??!"

I speed up for gravel and speed bumps, whereas on the supersport, I slow down.
Pretty much all of this. I ride like an absolute *** sometimes, the bike just encourages it.

Interesting thread, im actually looking to downsize to a supermoto (drz400sm) from a 2011 gsxr600 , i pay very high insurance on any ss bike, $320 a month and i have a clean record.
But i honestly think the drz400sm is a better bike for me , i could see myself having way more fun on it. The only thing that im worried about is highway riding , and keeping up with my friends that mostly ride ss

Interesting thread, im actually looking to downsize to a supermoto (drz400sm) from a 2011 gsxr600 , i pay very high insurance on any ss bike, $320 a month and i have a clean record.
But i honestly think the drz400sm is a better bike for me , i could see myself having way more fun on it. The only thing that im worried about is highway riding , and keeping up with my friends that mostly ride ss

You're not ready for a DRZ400 if you're worried about keeping up with friends. Better pay the $320/month and pin it, good friends don't come cheap.

My last bike was a DRZ400SM, here's what you should know:

-Great city/commuter bike
-Way better fuel economy than a 600ss
-The suspension will make you forget potholes and speedbumps even exist
-Fun and maneuverable at low speed
-Narrow, so it's good for filtering up at stoplights (if you do that)
-Simple and inexpensive to maintain yourself
-Awesome for twisties, wheelies, stoppies and other general hooning around

With all that said it's not a good long distance bike (mostly because of the seat) and the fastest you'd want to go on the highway for an extended period is just under 120km/h with stock gearing. I'd recommend doing the standard 3x3 airbox + rejetted carb + full pipe as well as dropping a tooth or two on the rear sprocket if you regularly travel long distances (>1hr) on the highway. With that said you should have no problem keeping up with your friends on ss bikes in the twisties, but obviously not straights or long sweepers (if your friends are the type to go hta172 speeds regularly).

My last bike was a DRZ400SM, here's what you should know:

-Great city/commuter bike
-Way better fuel economy than a 600ss
-The suspension will make you forget potholes and speedbumps even exist
-Fun and maneuverable at low speed
-Narrow, so it's good for filtering up at stoplights (if you do that)
-Simple and inexpensive to maintain yourself
-Awesome for twisties, wheelies, stoppies and other general hooning around

With all that said it's not a good long distance bike (mostly because of the seat) and the fastest you'd want to go on the highway for an extended period is just under 120km/h with stock gearing. I'd recommend doing the standard 3x3 airbox + rejetted carb + full pipe as well as dropping a tooth or two on the rear sprocket if you regularly travel long distances (>1hr) on the highway. With that said you should have no problem keeping up with your friends on ss bikes in the twisties, but obviously not straights or long sweepers (if your friends are the type to go hta172 speeds regularly).

Some good comments here.

I would love to have a DRZ400SM as a secondary bike, or KTM 690 Enduro R as primary.

I have a new FZ-09, but its just a bit ludicrous around the city. I'd love to hit up some trails sometimes ;)

Can't help but think of HTA172 every time I hop on the FZ. Slight turn of the wrist and your easily going 50+ over the limit.

Some good comments here.

I would love to have a DRZ400SM as a secondary bike, or KTM 690 Enduro R as primary.

I have a new FZ-09, but its just a bit ludicrous around the city. I'd love to hit up some trails sometimes ;)

Can't help but think of HTA172 every time I hop on the FZ. Slight turn of the wrist and your easily going 50+ over the limit.

I've been looking at the FZ-09 and need to test ride one. I love the fact that in "A" mode you can power wheelie in 3rd gear. I'd make my R6 strictly a track bike if I like the FZ enough to buy it... Now, just to find a demo ride!

Back
Top Bottom