Any Ebayer's here, question on selling car/motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Ebayer's here, question on selling car/motorcycle

uncleduck

Banned
Would you know how to sell a car/bike on Ebay and avoid being scammed, I'm pretty sure you can not refuse pay-pal, any info on this thanks.
Do you know if can except cash only for local pickup? but of course that would limit customers..

I know or can learn how to list and upload pictures just not sure of being scammed part.

Paypal is actually quite safe provided you are diligent. Make sure the address and account are verified and are under the same name as the buyer. Be very very wary of shipping though. Never send an item to a different address than the verified account address that was put on the purchase. Make sure the buyer has a few purchases and look at what they bought.

A popular scam are escrow transactions. Some buyers might try to convince you to use some fake escrow agency. They make it seem like it's safer for both of you, but the whole escrow company is a scam. Stick to ebay and don't deviate to any 3rd party agencies. BTW check the ebay fees for selling, they can be quite high.

Dunno, I never sold something that valuable, these were just some tips. Maybe send paypal an email asking some clarification Qs?

Paypal is actually quite safe provided you are diligent. Make sure the address and account are verified and are under the same name as the buyer. Be very very wary of shipping though. Never send an item to a different address than the verified account address that was put on the purchase. Make sure the buyer has a few purchases and look at what they bought.

A popular scam are escrow transactions. Some buyers might try to convince you to use some fake escrow agency. They make it seem like it's safer for both of you, but the whole escrow company is a scam. Stick to ebay and don't deviate to any 3rd party agencies. BTW check the ebay fees for selling, they can be quite high.

Dunno, I never sold something that valuable, these were just some tips. Maybe send paypal an email asking some clarification Qs?

ok thanks, may be too risky for the average seller

Back
Top Bottom