Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848

I can, because I didn't run around like an idiot charging a fake lifestyle to a credit card for my whole life. Can't really blame Ottawa for people's lack of financial responsibility.

Well, if you can, don't stand there, go and buy that Ducati!!!!!!! Help a brother out.

Seriously, Ottawa is not responsible (I never meant to say it is their fault) and we are better off than most countries, but the fact is, the economy is still recovering. The truth is, everybody wants it (the Ducati), almost no one can afford it.

I think you need better pics and a clearer more "confident" ad if that makes sense. It's a nice bike indeed. The only part I'm missing is how an r6 even compares to an 848 and why it was brought up? :rolleyes:

Your analogy is off. It is closer to I can buy used Ferrari (Aston Martin, whatever) with no warranty for the same price I can buy a brand new Corvette with a warranty, performance is similar....

Agreed better analogy. I was just exaggerating the comparison. My prior bike was an R6.

From someone who has sold a few premium items on kijiji, the market for your bike is much smaller than a comparative Japanese bike, as others have mentioned above (stigma/price etc.) You are in the ballpark resell value - hold out and the right buyer will come along, eventually. By the right buyer - mean someone who is solely looking for a ducati and will not look at alternative brands.

If you do indeed want the convenience of getting rid of it quickly, it will come at a cost.

Be prepared for 25 more lowball efforts as a result of this thread.

Try selling an iPad/iPhone on kijiji. People make a living off of lowball offers and reselling it themselves. No different with Motorcycle "buyers".
Hell, if you let me buy your bike for $7k today, I'd have it up for sale for $10k before I left your driveway.

Spruce up the ad, toss on some proper pics, and wait.

It's only worth what others are willing to pay for it, so you either hold on to it, or take what's being offered.
Don't know your situation, but have you seen what you could get as a trade in?
Your price isn't out there, but I always found it took time to sell anything over $10K privately. Car, bike, boat, whatever. Not many folks have 10K floating around, and the ones that do, already have (most) of the things they want.

I think you need better pics and a clearer more "confident" ad if that makes sense. It's a nice bike indeed. The only part I'm missing is how an r6 even compares to an 848 and why it was brought up? :rolleyes:

Really? Those were the only 2 bikes I put up against each other when I bought. Maybe because I like to ride my bike, and not sit around and look like a cool guy on it... :rolleyes: :confused:

I believe this review came to mind.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uj0jQTbTIE

Last edited:
Alright guys, thanks for all the feedback. All points have been considered. Agreed, new pics will need to be taken and ad will be reposted, will do so tonight.

One other thing, a complete reset on the ad is needed so it does not look like the same bike has been for sale for a long time. Buyers will be thinking, price must be too high, must be something wrong with it, seller must be getting desperate, etc...

New pics, new everything...

I like to pose. 14,000+ km in the last 12 weeks. Yep I like sitting around looking like a cool guy. Your r6 or my gsxr still don't compare to an 848 in any way. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Ottawa is not responsible (I never meant to say it is their fault) and we are better off than most countries, but the fact is, the economy is still recovering. The truth is, everybody wants it (the Ducati), almost no one can afford it.

Been there, done that. I did not have a good experience.

Isn't the evo 848 a Bieber bike? :)

On a serious note, you are hitting a very niche market. You will really have to spend time to weed out the jokers on Kijiji. I've sold a bike and car on kijiji before, and from my experience, if you price is on par, just be patient and the right buyer will come along.

It's all preference.

That comparison was more like apples to cement blocks. The 848 compares to a 750. Maybe the 675 daytonas (not really but they're always compared in tests) but not a 600. Add that Italian bikes are not like jap bikes and I fail to see any comparison is all.

That comparison was more like apples to cement blocks. The 848 compares to a 750. Maybe the 675 daytonas (not really but they're always compared in tests) but not a 600. Add that Italian bikes are not like jap bikes and I fail to see any comparison is all.

People have to ride them to feel the difference. Others just hear people's opinion or read about it and think they know.

This isn't a deal-breaker on your ad by any means, but something I always look for on low-km bikes is mention of first service/inspection. Was it done? When and where was it done?

Also, getting hordes of low ballers on your ad can be a good sign - it means people are at least interested in the bike. You just have to figure out how to convert that interest into getting them on your doorstep.

"hordes of low ballers" I like how that rolls off the tongue....."hordes of low ballers" ah

You aren't getting much interest because there are a ton of other 848 for sale, some cheaper, and others have gone up recently (and probably sold) in the $8,000-$9,000 range.

Did a quick check on NADA, and your bike is listed at around $11,000 CAD give or take, so your spot on. They show a low retail which I assume is "rough" at around $8,000 CAD

The responses you have received from others make a lot of sense, it's a somewhat exclusive market not so much price but brand. And as others have said money isn't easy these days.

Ignore the low quotes and remain patient, ....if you can.

Back
Top Bottom