Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848

slayerofsouls

This is by no means an ad. I have been trying to sell my Ducati 848 Evo 2011 (less than 6,000kms) for a few weeks now on Kijiji.

I have it listed at 11,000, is that a fair value? I have been constantly getting offers for "6,000 cash today". I thought my ask is fair, I obviously understand depreciation, but I doubt anything below 10,500 is reasonable for the bike.

Could use some suggestions, I dont want to hang on to it for too long, as an unused bike could just be a damaged bike. I called others that have been trying to sell the bike, and are standing strong behind their price (which is slightly more than mine)

Suggestions or feedback welcomed.

Not sure what feedback you expect. Does it matter if the price is "fair" as deemed by GTAMers if nobody will actually buy the bike? Be firm until you can't be firm any more, then drop the price and repeat the process. The later you wait in the season, the deeper a discount potential buyers will be looking to get.

From the ads I've seen here and how long they take to sell, I just think that Ducati is not an easy brand to re-sell. Most people would buy a Japanese bike for a lot less. There is always the stigma that European vehicles = high maintenance costs, whether it is true or not is irrelevant. Their replacement parts aren't that cheap either, which is something I imagine most people take into consideration nowadays.

The MSRP was about $15k, expect 20% devalue first year, 10% every year after.
Kelly Blue Book value in the US is $10,135. So, you are in the ballpark.

You are not getting much interest because:

1. High insurance on this bike, which means fewer buyers
2. People in GTA are broke-*** and do not have $11K cash.
3. Ducati reliability reputation is weak, maintenance costs high.

Ignore the kijidiots, they would not show up even if you said yes, these are kids playing games.

Consider eBay motors and shipping to US, but it could take a year to sell a bike at that price range on places like Kijiji. Ducati owners like to stay firm on prices, but that just results in keeping the bike for 1-2 years to sell it. Target Ducati forums for a sale ad.
for now, try Autotrader. Good luck.

Last edited:
The MSRP was about $15k, expect 20% devalue first year, 10% every year after.
Kelly Blue Book value in the US is $10,135. So, you are in the ballpark.

You are not getting much interest because:

1. High insurance on this bike, which means fewer buyers
3. Ducati reliability reputation is weak, maintenance costs high.

Ignore the kijidiots, they would not show up even if you said yes, these are kids playing games.

Consider eBay motors and shipping to US, but it could take a year to sell a bike at that price range on places like Kijiji. Ducati owners like to stay firm on prices, but that just results in keeping the bike for 1-2 years to sell it. Target Ducati forums for a sale ad.
for now, try Autotrader. Good luck.

Thanks for this. Odd I spent way more maintaining my R6 than the Ducati.

Its just an epic waste of time dealing with these people.

I bought a brand new 2011 R6 in March of 2012 for $10,700 plus tax.

The only thing that would make me even half way consider your bike is the fact it has a lowly 6000 km's on it.

My bike has 22,000km's on it now. Akra full system and a PCV/Autotune. I would think about trading straight up, but to be honest I would feel better about going and buying another brand new R6 or something similar for the same cost. That's the real problem, as another poster suggested.

If my first bike wasn't an SV, and I love Vtwins, I wouldn't even look at it probably.

Thanks for this. Odd I spent way more maintaining my R6 than the Ducati.

Its just an epic waste of time dealing with these people.

Don't deal with anyone unless they say they want to see the bike in person.

I've seen some people only post phone numbers and insist the bike needs to be seen in person. That weeds out the kijidiots.

eBay will get you the market value, and people who are bidding are serious. the GTA could use a eBay-like site.

This is true.
The powers that be in Ottawa announced that the financial crisis is over. "Rejoice" they said, "we navigated the country out of the storm".
The sad reality is that we are still strugling as a community, so the potential market is smaller.
Who can dump that much money on a recreational vehicle? Even in a city the size of Toronto, not too many people, and those who can, probably already have one in the garage.

Other than reducing the price more, just be patient and it will come.

Don't deal with anyone unless they say they want to see the bike in person.

I've seen some people only post phone numbers and insist the bike needs to be seen in person. That weeds out the kijidiots.

eBay will get you the market value, and people who are bidding are serious. the GTA could use a eBay-like site.

I would like to get fair market also...but is there not a real risk of getting rip offed with EBAY like a credit card reversal or hundreds of loopholes,,anyone familier would appreciate info since could help the original poster or anyone..

I have it listed at 11,000, is that a fair value?

What is this concept "fair value"? If I bought the bike today for 11,000, what are my chances of reselling it tomorrow for 11,000? Slim to none? Why should the loss be burdened on the new owner alone? Price associated with something is not always in line with worth. Was a time a bike like that couldn't be had for any price.

Your ad on kijiji is pathetic. Pictures taken with a potato and the size of a baseball card. The fact that you say you need the cash this weekend makes you sound desperate.

Put a little more effort into it...

As for the idiots you gotta weed em out, 9 out of 10 are jokers...

Your ad on kijiji is pathetic. Pictures taken with a potato and the size of a baseball card. The fact that you say you need the cash this weekend makes you sound desperate.

Put a little more effort into it...

As for the idiots you gotta weed em out, 9 out of 10 are jokers...
Thanks for the feedback, will re take pictures.

"Kijiji value" will never be real value. too many peiople just fishing for somebody to drop their drawers. It seems everyone loking to buy something thinks that anyone selling is desperate and might take 50% of asking price.

Dont know what your selling intentions are, but maybe you would see better value on a trade in? you would see less then your asking, but it gets the job done or like some people have noted try ebay, dont know how much interest a CDN bike would get vs the many american bikes available, but you stand a chance of fairer value, but I tghink you would need a reserve, which could result in no sale anyway...

Sure, but its almost like saying I can buy a brand new civic for 20K or a used m3 for 20k, I rather by the civic. (figures are made up). Its the debate between buying new vs used.

Only those 2 cars don't really compete against each other... where as the 848 is commonly grouped into the 600 Sportbike shootout breakdowns.

Anyhow, since it feels like you're making fun of my bike, lets be honest. I am on Kijiji all the time... you have had that thing listed for months, not weeks.

Supply and Demand... it doesn't take a genius to figure out. Your bike isn't worth any more than mine is at the moment. :D

Sure, but its almost like saying I can buy a brand new civic for 20K or a used m3 for 20k, I rather by the civic. (figures are made up). Its the debate between buying new vs used.

Your analogy is off. It is closer to I can buy used Ferrari (Aston Martin, whatever) with no warranty for the same price I can buy a brand new Corvette with a warranty, performance is similar....

Civic and BMW M3 are not similar.

Not trying to bash, and all the best luck selling it. As others have pointed out the ad also needs some improvement...

This is true.
The powers that be in Ottawa announced that the financial crisis is over. "Rejoice" they said, "we navigated the country out of the storm".
The sad reality is that we are still strugling as a community, so the potential market is smaller.
Who can dump that much money on a recreational vehicle?.

I can, because I didn't run around like an idiot charging a fake lifestyle to a credit card for my whole life. Can't really blame Ottawa for people's lack of financial responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom