Buying a canopy.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a canopy..

zx6rr

I'd like to keep it cheap and cheery if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? Where I should look/what I should stay away from and how much I should look at spending?

Thanks

I got a cheap 10x10 at Walmart. $79. Obviously not as good as the ez up brand. You get what you pay for and I'm ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just kinda wrecked my second 100$ ezup tent. The wind picked up the first one and snapped the top structure. The second one was tied down but the wind just crushed and folded it into itself. I'm now going to cough up the cash and buy a F*%#ing good one.

Canadian Tire has the 10 X 20 on sale right now for $299.
I bought one last year and it works well, nice and sturdy.....

Been running a cheapy from walmart for 3 years now. Not gonna buy a better one until it breaks.

FWIW, the cheapo Walmart one is back in stock for $98. I've had mine for a few years and still going strong.

Think its just a name change was called Ventura but now its called Ozark, needed to replace my canopy top and the Ozark one was identical.

I have the Walmart one, seems ok so far
Stay away from TSC ones, first breath of wind snaps the frame at the top.

I've got a cheapo from crappy tire I bought for less than a hundred. It's only seen one season so far but it's holding up fine. I lost a nut on one of the plastic corners but was easy enough to replace and it still worked without it. If you stay overnight I recommend screen walls to keep the mosquitos out. I bought some this winter and can't wait to try it out.

Buy what you can afford. I have 6 awnings. I would load the expensive ones everytime if given the choice versus the cheap one. They are easier to handle, easier to put up and down, more stable, easier to fasten down, easier to adjust.....

Set up the expensive one and I rarely think about my awning. If I setup the cheap one I am constantly adjusting it so that it doesn't get destroyed like previous cheap awnings.

Mine lasted until some time in 2016. Bought my current one from Outlettags for a stupid deal which i'm pretty sure was a mistake on their part. Had to tighten every nut and bolt in the whole frame, but after that it's been good.
I'll be on my 4th season with my 10x15 from them. There's sturdier ones out there I'm sure but for ~$350 it's hard to knock it.

My Canopy is up about 100+ days a year. So I have some mileage with pop ups. If you buy cheap understand when to surrender and take it down. If you ride at Grand Bend or TMP those tracks are canopy destroyers. So watch the wind. I bought a new one last year from Outlettags ,heavier frame and top. Why,,,because I can easily get spare parts. My 10x15 saw 97 days last year from Outlettags. No problems at all.

i bought a cheap 10x10 at canadian tire.

it will be going on the 4th season now.

some discolouration, and the case is ripping, but still going strong

The key is to keep it tied down

Back
Top Bottom