Bobcaygeon rd, Northline rd - Hwy 35 bypasses | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bobcaygeon rd, Northline rd - Hwy 35 bypasses

macro

Went for a buzz up north today with no real goal in mind, found a couple of roads that were new to me so I thought they might be new to a couple other folks as well.

First of all, if you don't know, if you have to go to Lindsay via 7, take Golf Course rd after Port Perry, a nice little diversion and no traffic.

Hwy 35 was pretty busy and boring as all hell, from Fenelon Falls you can take Northline rd all the way to Coboconk. It's arrow straight with hills and great scenery, also zero traffic.

From Coboconk, take Deep Bay rd on your way to Minden. I've ridden this before but forgot how to get to it. Look for the motorcycle!! It's amazing.

Take Bobcaygeon rd north from Minden. Pavement is not great but it's a great ride, take it easy with the corners as there's lots of holes and frost heaves.

Right then left at 118 on to Kushog Lake rd, up and down technical twisties on mediocre pavement. Whee! Now you can stop for lunch at the new BBQ joint thats just opened at Ox Narrows. The guy drives a Delica like me, he's gotta be decent!

By the end of Kushog Lake, you're on the fun part of hwy 35 and feeling confident! Most of these roads were 3rd or 4th gear for me (v-twin remember, not I-4). You have to pick your line all over the lane to miss the rough stuff. I kept up a pretty good pace even with the crap suspension on the SV. I think an ADV bike would probably have the most fun on these roads without having to worry about alllll the pavement problems. I noticed most of the roads had a fair bit of wash out sand and gravel on them but it seemed confined to the southbound side.

Keep it real!

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 9.45.39 PM by TheMacrobius, on Flickr

You didn't mention the section of 57, (golf course road) just after Nestleton road that has construction and a VERY dangerous, (if not paying attention), section of gravel in the apex of a curve. There have been more than a few fatalities on that road due to lack of signage for the curves.

Went for a buzz up north today with no real goal in mind, found a couple of roads that were new to me so I thought they might be new to a couple other folks as well.

First of all, if you don't know, if you have to go to Lindsay via 7, take Golf Course rd after Port Perry, a nice little diversion and no traffic.

Hwy 35 was pretty busy and boring as all hell, from Fenelon Falls you can take Northline rd all the way to Coboconk. It's arrow straight with hills and great scenery, also zero traffic.

From Coboconk, take Deep Bay rd on your way to Minden. I've ridden this before but forgot how to get to it. Look for the motorcycle!! It's amazing.

Take Bobcaygeon rd north from Minden. Pavement is not great but it's a great ride, take it easy with the corners as there's lots of holes and frost heaves.

Right then left at 118 on to Kushog Lake rd, up and down technical twisties on mediocre pavement. Whee! Now you can stop for lunch at the new BBQ joint thats just opened at Ox Narrows. The guy drives a Delica like me, he's gotta be decent!

By the end of Kushog Lake, you're on the fun part of hwy 35 and feeling confident! Most of these roads were 3rd or 4th gear for me (v-twin remember, not I-4). You have to pick your line all over the lane to miss the rough stuff. I kept up a pretty good pace even with the crap suspension on the SV. I think an ADV bike would probably have the most fun on these roads without having to worry about alllll the pavement problems. I noticed most of the roads had a fair bit of wash out sand and gravel on them but it seemed confined to the southbound side.

Keep it real!

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 9.45.39 PM by TheMacrobius, on Flickr

You didn't mention the section of 57, (golf course road) just after Nestleton road that has construction and a VERY dangerous, (if not paying attention), section of gravel in the apex of a curve. There have been more than a few fatalities on that road due to lack of signage for the curves.

Came down from the cottage along those roads yesterday as well. Didn't take 35, but took Rd 57. Glad I turned at Nestleton :cool:

I went through that a few weeks back -- was hoping they would have fixed it by now, as it was a decent piece of road, turn-wise.

True. Actually, ALL of those roads require extra caution due to gravel and sand in the corners. Many of them are blind corners, so just remember, keep fit and have fun!

Anyone done these roads recently?

Yes I did 57 yesterday, still construction. The gravel part is very short and it's pretty conspicuous, nothing that will surprise you unless you're not paying attention.

Yes I did 57 yesterday, still construction. The gravel part is very short and it's pretty conspicuous, nothing that will surprise you unless you're not paying attention.

thanks.

One of the many things I'll never be able to understand about roadwork in Ontario is how they can reduce a small section of road to gravel/rubble, then one month later it is still the same/unchanged. Maybe they'll get around to grading then paving it in a year or so... :p

thanks.. we were up that way on Sunday. At least the rain kept the dust down in the gravel sections of roads we did.. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom