First bike, 2011 Ninja 400r | GTAMotorcycle.com

First bike, 2011 Ninja 400r

Picked up my frist bike, 2011 Ninaj 400r...lots of fun. :eek:

Still got the newbie jitters but starting to get more confident. Glad I did the course with Learning Curves first :thumbup:.

Anyone else have the same bike? PM me! If anyone has any tips on a good set of sliders for this bike price/ease of DIY install, let me know!

Anyone know if it's normal to hear a clunk sound when shifting from N to 1st? Didn't hear this sound when I was @ the course using a older Ninja 250r

Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome

that clunk is normal

Still got the newbie jitters but starting to get more confident. Glad I did the course with Learning Curves first :thumbup:.

Anyone else have the same bike? PM me! If anyone has any tips on a good set of sliders for this bike price/ease of DIY install, let me know!

Anyone know if it's normal to hear a clunk sound when shifting from N to 1st? Didn't hear this sound when I was @ the course using a older Ninja 250r

Cheers

Sliders? Same as my old cbr. Yoshimura frame sliders. The ones where you don't have to cut fairings.
Should be easy to install.

Shane

Still got the newbie jitters but starting to get more confident. Glad I did the course with Learning Curves first .

Cheers
I've got the bike as well. I love it for a first bike but can't wait to upgrade.

Remember this bike weighs as much as a super sport, sometimes even more, so careful on the slow turns because the weight of the bike might be overbearing.

I'd recommend a sweet new exhaust as well. I've got a yoshimura on mine and it sounds great.

Sliders? Same as my old cbr. Yoshimura frame sliders. The ones where you don't have to cut fairings.
Should be easy to install.

Shane

Thanks, couldn't find a Yoshimura kit for 400r or even the 650r. Will keep looking.

I've got the bike as well. I love it for a first bike but can't wait to upgrade.

Remember this bike weighs as much as a super sport, sometimes even more, so careful on the slow turns because the weight of the bike might be overbearing.

I'd recommend a sweet new exhaust as well. I've got a yoshimura on mine and it sounds great.

Supersport or 400r, same speed around the bends so it shouldn't matter?

Do you have any frame sliders ?

Thanks, couldn't find a Yoshimura kit for 400r or even the 650r. Will keep looking.

Supersport or 400r, same speed around the bends so it shouldn't matter?

Do you have any frame sliders ?
I'm talking as an upgrade from say a 250 or something less. They weigh less compared to the 400.

Nah I don't have sliders

Some quick research shows that he frame sliders for the ninja 650 will fit on the 400, as they share the same body.

Do a bit more research and you should get something that fits.

Shane

Back
Top Bottom