5th Annual Steeve Shreeve Memorial Weekend at Grand Bend Motorplex | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

5th Annual Steeve Shreeve Memorial Weekend at Grand Bend Motorplex

What a weekend! Great racing (personal best), huge turnout for the memorial parade lap, BBQ, fireworks just in time before the rain, absolutely hilarious pit bike race, family came to watch/support, met some new racers, other racers helping one of our guys with spare parts, surviving the torrential downpour overnight in tents, etc...the whole weekend really portrayed the whole notion of the "SOAR Racing Community".

what a weekend is right!
other then my hand locking up and not finishing a race it was great. not sure what to do about that, never had arm pump so bad I couldnt move my throttle or grab my brake :(

what a weekend is right!
other then my hand locking up and not finishing a race it was great. not sure what to do about that, never had arm pump so bad I couldnt move my throttle or grab my brake :(

Yeah, that layout sure has you on the brakes a lot. Hard on the hands. I had new gloves that aren't quite stretched in, and between those and the braking my hands are swollen and aching. I couldn't put my wedding ring on this morning (no, really). Layout uses a lot of fuel too. Our endurance team couldn't get to half distance before the fuel light came on.

BOTT LW Qualifier

[video=youtube;ObceRqHvINI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObceRqHvINI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If I had any pride at all I wouldn't post this, but here is the Rookie 600 qualifier from the back of the grid. Man did I suck.

[video=youtube;BsLNwXvRVTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsLNwXvRVTU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

what a weekend is right!

Long track has 5 hard braking zones per lap.

Modified = 2
Alien = 4
Reverse alien = 2
Technical = 3

Eat a banana and pop an Aleve half an hour before a race.

Back
Top Bottom