5th Annual Steeve Shreeve Memorial Weekend at Grand Bend Motorplex | GTAMotorcycle.com

5th Annual Steeve Shreeve Memorial Weekend at Grand Bend Motorplex

kneedragger88

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
Its SHREEVE Time :)
This is the 5th annual Steeve Shreeve Memorial Weekend . As always its not to be missed. The traditional July SOAR round where we commemorate and celebrate one of our founders and my personal friend Steve Shreeve who passed July 2009.
This year we find ourselves running Long track for the first time always a favourite. Along with our full schedule of sprint races we will also host round three of the Speedworx Endurance Series. As always we will have a free bbq Saturday night along with crowd favourite The Tyler Wilson Band.
Sunday along with the races we have the once a year traditional costumed Steve Shreeve Memorial Speed Challenge pit bike race. For anyone who has never been its not to be missed and must be witnessed to truly appreciate.
So please come join us at Grand Bend Motorplex.
Get your pre-entries in cut off is Tuesday at 8pm.

SOAR Round 3

Who's coming? I just registered for BOTT LW and Rookie 600. One of the Prairie Dogs is trying to put Humpty together again and if he pulls it off in time we will also do GTU endurance.

Probably I will bring my 9-year old daughter this time. Round 2 sure seemed like a nice time that a kid would have enjoyed and I kept thinking that it would be fun to have her there with me. Trying to think of ways to keep her happy and entertained so she will come again in the future.

I think tomorrow is the last day to pre-register.

Re: SOAR Round 3

Oops sorry should have put this in the thread Ken already started. Mods feel free to move.

I'll be there trying to get back into form of seasons past.

Who's coming? I just registered for BOTT LW and Rookie 600. One of the Prairie Dogs is trying to put Humpty together again and if he pulls it off in time we will also do GTU endurance.

Probably I will bring my 9-year old daughter this time. Round 2 sure seemed like a nice time that a kid would have enjoyed and I kept thinking that it would be fun to have her there with me. Trying to think of ways to keep her happy and entertained so she will come again in the future.

I think tomorrow is the last day to pre-register.

I'll be running NuSpeed and GTL endurance again I might run 2 stroke because the last two times it's bassicly been an empty track, good practice:).

And there's lots of kids around that your daughter could play with.

I plan to be there for my first race in Rookie 600. Cant wait

You could have had the Hell's Angels babysit her while you were out racing. Probably wont find anyone that nice at a regular weekend.

Schedule is now posted on the SOAR site. Back-to-back qualifiers for me again, but at least the Sunday races are well spaced.

I don't have much experience on Long track. Anyone have a take on what would constitute a decent lap time, for reference? Say for novice 600 extreme, in the dry, podium finish. Would that be about a 1:27? I can add an appropriate amount of time to that to set a practice target for myself. I like to go into Saturday having some idea what to expect.

Unfortunately not many people know their lap times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schedule is now posted on the SOAR site. Back-to-back qualifiers for me again, but at least the Sunday races are well spaced.

I don't have much experience on Long track. Anyone have a take on what would constitute a decent lap time, for reference? Say for novice 600 extreme, in the dry, podium finish. Would that be about a 1:27? I can add an appropriate amount of time to that to set a practice target for myself. I like to go into Saturday having some idea what to expect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_ZjkZqPqA
novice superbike last year^^^^

Perfect, thanks!

I am seeing 1:28ish. So my target will be +2 s for superbike advantage + 5% (since I was about 5% over best novice 600 times in Round 1) and that gives 1:34.5. It's a rough calculation but I like to have a ballpark number. I'll bet I do a 1:33.x at some point.

Currently looks like rain Sunday. That should be interesting...

Cheers.

Perfect, thanks!

I am seeing 1:28ish. So my target will be +2 s for superbike advantage + 5% (since I was about 5% over best novice 600 times in Round 1) and that gives 1:34.5. It's a rough calculation but I like to have a ballpark number. I'll bet I do a 1:33.x at some point.

Currently looks like rain Sunday. That should be interesting...

Cheers.
and plus 2 sec for superbike ? its long track man lol

and plus 2 sec for superbike ? its long track man lol

Are you saying it should be a bigger difference (because the track is long) or smaller (because the back straight is not full length)? Sorry, I have no good perspective on this. A lot of the guys who post here and ride 1000s like to claim they have practically no advantage over the 600s, but I think that is doo-doo. The speed differentials they have when they wheelie past me are pretty impressive, and no one on a 600 is making me feel that slow in practice. What would be the time difference on long track for, say, Mitch on a 600 vs Mitch on a 1000?

Um Mitch on any bike is not fair for the rest of us lol
Last year long track was about a 4 second difference , there's a lot more time at wot on this layout then there is for the rest of the layouts where there mostly infield

Um Mitch on any bike is not fair for the rest of us lol
Last year long track was about a 4 second difference , there's a lot more time at wot on this layout then there is for the rest of the layouts where there mostly infield
I might be wrong but I kind of disagree, The back straight (where a 1000 stretches its legs) is cut to half, and a 600 can come out of each one of those corners faster than a 1000. I think this is probably the worse configuration for a 1000 vs a 600.

Back
Top Bottom