Non traditional health care? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Non traditional health care?

inreb

Site Supporter
I've had success with acupuncture. What about other forms like naturopathic? Any happy customers out there? Have been feeling a bit off lately. Only thing that makes me feel really great is a good bicycle ride up a rail trail. Endorphins I guess. Please share non traditional medicine stories.

I truly believe that many folk cures are good. The problem is I don't know which ones. As trustworthy as the internet.

Have been feeling a bit off lately.

You can ride your bicycle there. Riding home may be a crap-shoot.

WTF_zps823c47b5.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be the catsass? Be nice to know your status butt like nobbie 48 suggests there's room for foul play(I'm pretty sure thats what he suggested) I'll look at that a little closer later, gonna go ride the m/c now.

Just for ***** and giggles I bought this yoga mat thing that has what looks like golf spikes glued onto the surface. You lay on it and it supposedly relaxes you. Well, after the initial use where the thing hurt like a bastard I do have to say that it is strangely relaxing and there's an odd warm (no, not bleeding) feeling that sort of washes over you . Only thing I can think of is it's a rush of endorphins in the same way as the acupuncture thing. Good for me as I hate bloody needles though.

As for other hippy stuff...homeopathy is bollocks scientifically...total placebo affect if anything. Herbal rememdies and cures....depends on which ones, some are bollocks, some may have side effects you need to beware of and some may work. Bear in mind that most prescribed and over the counter pharmaceuticals started off as natural remedies. Willow bark for aspirin, the bark of the cinchona tree as quinine, artemesinin (the plant) as an anti-malarial. Lots of examples....but just like pharmaceuticals many of the herbal remedies can also have contraindications (ginko is a potent blood thinner for example) and need to be tested a bit more. Remember too most historical poisons are also natural.

Just for ***** and giggles I bought this yoga mat thing that has what looks like golf spikes glued onto the surface. You lay on it and it supposedly relaxes you. Well, after the initial use where the thing hurt like a bastard I do have to say that it is strangely relaxing and there's an odd warm (no, not bleeding) feeling that sort of washes over you . Only thing I can think of is it's a rush of endorphins in the same way as the acupuncture thing. Good for me as I hate bloody needles though.

I have the same thing, mine is a "Spoonk" Still on the fence if it does anything, but I do find it loosens up my back a bit when I'm feeling stiff.

I wonder what happens when you masturbate on it? Is it like microwaving instant coffee?

We're still waiting for your review of the Colon Spa on Plains Rd.

We're still waiting for your review of the Colon Spa on Plains Rd.

Like anything, the flushed out colon deal sounds good on paper especially considering the experience equates to (iirc) 40-50 bowel movements in one sitting. Further online snooping reveals it's hype in actual detoxification. That's unfortunate.
I'm as, or more, interested in the screening services. Blood, nutrition and all that. I'm a little hesitant to trust that seeing how they're willing to "lie" about the benefits of hydro therapy.

Edit: While I have your attention, I'm looking into Shimano Nexus, Sturmey Archer and SRAM 3sp IGH. I've been riding converted single speed but want a little more. Garbage?

Last edited:
Edit: While I have your attention, I'm looking into Shimano Nexus, Sturmey Archer and SRAM 3sp IGH. I've been riding converted single speed but want a little more. Garbage?

Depends on what you're doing with it. The Nexux will work ok for light off-road. It's cheap to replace when/if it grenades, so it has that going for it. Only 7 speeds, though. Stay away from Alfine. Too many horror stories. Haven't heard anything bad about the new SA Stuff.....yet. I have no idea how the IGH performs, as I tend to steer clear of anything SRAM. Myself, I would go straight to a Rohloff Speedhub and be done with it, but I'm a gear whore that can and will justify $1200 handlebars. YRMV.

Depends on what you're doing with it. The Nexux will work ok for light off-road. It's cheap to replace when/if it grenades, so it has that going for it. Only 7 speeds, though. Stay away from Alfine. Too many horror stories. Haven't heard anything bad about the new SA Stuff.....yet. I have no idea how the IGH performs, as I tend to steer clear of anything SRAM. Myself, I would go straight to a Rohloff Speedhub and be done with it, but I'm a gear whore that can and will justify $1200 handlebars. YRMV.

3 speed is all I want, that's triple of what I'm almost happy with now. I do the bay front trail, Dundas Valley rail trail and in between, this gets the heart rate up ok. I kinda figgered you we're on a different level, I get that. I guess internal gear hubs wouldn't get much discussed in your circle.

I have the same thing, mine is a "Spoonk" Still on the fence if it does anything, but I do find it loosens up my back a bit when I'm feeling stiff.

That's the name...how could I forget that. I don't usually tell people I've been laying on a Spoonk mat though.

Spoonk. That looks promising. Will check it out. Hope it comes with instructional video.

Back
Top Bottom