any mechanics here | GTAMotorcycle.com

any mechanics here

uncleduck

Banned
Changed the rear brakes on vehicle and noticed the axle has 1/8th inch in/out play, was wondering if going to be a problem, likely been like that awhile.
My guess play comes from rear diff...have any idea ? thanks

Make and model would help but if it's a c-clip axle some play is normal. Are there vibration or noise issues?

That will likely let go. Low km or not I'd be doing a diff flush anyways so instead just pull the cover and see what's going on in there. If you're not sure what you're looking at ask someone to give you a hand who knows. Shimming/setting up rear gears is not the easiest thing in the world to do. That said your axle should move a little but by the sounds of it that may be a bit excessive. I'd get it looked at or check yourself for peace of mind. They're messy when they let go

That will likely let go. Low km or not I'd be doing a diff flush anyways so instead just pull the cover and see what's going on in there. If you're not sure what you're looking at ask someone to give you a hand who knows. Shimming/setting up rear gears is not the easiest thing in the world to do. That said your axle should move a little but by the sounds of it that may be a bit excessive. I'd get it looked at or check yourself for peace of mind. They're messy when they let go

Yea would not know what to look for, thanks for info...will get a flush for sure and maybe look inside...

Mustang GT 8.8 axles are splined, and held with clips in the pumpkin. Some in/out movement will be normal, I wouldn't sweat it, the clips are about 1/8" thick, the notch in the axle for the clip is about 1/4".

Back
Top Bottom