What problems to look for | GTAMotorcycle.com

What problems to look for

Kramminn

Hey everyone,

I am new to the site so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum.

I am doing some window shopping for a bike right now, I am looking to purchase at the end of the year since it might be a little bit cheaper.
I have my full GM licence and got some quotes on some bikes I have been looking at 05- 08 zx6/CBR600RR'GSXR(last pick).

I just wanted to know what are some common problems with these three bikes that some of you have experience. Most of the bikes that I have been looking at have been having anywhere from 20-30k km on them which I know 30k is starting to get high for bike- if im not mistaken. I am really new to this so I don't really know what I kind of problems to expect from a bike after 30k.

Another question, If I am looking to purchase around Sept-Nov. I was thinking of taking the bike to a shop to get checked out as I am a total newb to this. Can anyone recommend any places in the Mississauga area that check a bike out for me for leaks, kocks, etc. Also what would a service like this run me?

Thanks for any help in advance

All of the bikes you mention will be as reliable, or as unreliable, as their last owner.

30,000 km is not high mileage.

If you want to have the bike checked out by a professional shop in that are, try Pro 6 Cycle, Z1 Cycletech.

Around here the local HD dealer is 110 hour, so that is likely what shops charge maybe less since HD overcharges in my opinion. Good luck and get some lessons.

If this is your first could consider a beater first until you get the experience....

Riders Choice on Dixie and the Queensway is where I take my bikes for service. They do great work!

Check the owner’s manual to see when the next major service is due: they will typically be around the 20000km – 30000km mark. This service can be expensive ($1000+) if the valves need to be shimmed.

I had a Kawasaki 636 for 2 years and the only issue was a cam chain tensioner that needed to be replaced. Problem solved for $100, no complaints from me.

Back
Top Bottom