The last time you changed your oil... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The last time you changed your oil...

Wow, guess I'm considered the oddball in this thread. I change the oil every season.

Takes 10 mins, and is a simple job at minimal cost.

I guess my mower will last 1000 years based on how long you guys have been going on original oil.

No raving about how superior Honda lawnmowers are? Hacked account?

I have a Lawnboy like the one pictured above, but a few years older and the commercial model, of course modified to accept an electric starter ('cuz I'm lazy). It's the first Lawnboy with a CDI ignition, about 1982.
The stupid thing lives under a trailer most of the year. Yeah I have a three car garage and my lawnmower lives outside. First use of the year means: drain the water out of the fuel tank and carb float bowl, sandblast the original LJ-12 sparkplug (If you can find one that plug is $25), turn it over with a drill for second and the stupid thing starts, then just walks through the 18" of thick grass (did I mention I was lazy, so the first lawn mowing here was about a week ago). Try that with a modern Honda mower.
A lot of my neighbours are pensioners so being the nice guy that I am I tune up their mowers at the beginning of the year. Change the oil, clean the carb, lube the cables and sharpen the blade (VERY IMPORTANT)... but the first time I see a new mower I install an aftermarket quiet muffler. That way I get to sleep in on the weekends.

I change the oil in my lawnmower each season. Did the same for my generator too ..

Which reminds me that i have to do my snowblower before winter, since i havent done it in about 7 years.

Never. 2-stroker LawnBoy gold edition. Smokes up the neighbourhood when it starts, loud as hell, but it is crazy powerful.

You got a problem bud? if you read half the posts here on this forum, there was no reason for banning because some one swore, what that donations paid poster did is peanuts to some of the rude
posts have read recently, stay on your side of fence and we will get along ok.................

Last edited:
I looked into some cordless ones.... But they are still pretty expensive and wire heavy too

Dont bother. I had a battery powered one, and went through 2 batteries in no time.
On top of that the batteries are expensive to replace, and they have a hard time cutting through thicker grass.

The pics of the odd wheeled LawnBoys brought back some memories.

Anybody remember the wheeless hovering Flymo? Did some poking around and they are still in business!

[video=youtube;SVXX_UyXmSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXX_UyXmSg[/video]

If nothing else, they can claim to be the fastest.

130mph lawn tractor and yes, its actually capable of cutting grass.

2n0ldmx.jpg

Every Tank of GAS. I keep finding these on the side of the road and pick them up...spend 30 minutes and they run like new again....
75-Lawn-Boy-made-in-Galesburg.jpg

There's a guy on YouTube running one of these on cooking oil. He found his too. It's still going and smells like french fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the GF's out the other day to cut the grass. Her tenant cuts the grass and is away for a few weeks. Sure why not. Go to check the gas... Empty, okay no big deal I'll grab some. Check the oil... BONE DRY! Tipped the mower over and tried to see if there was anything inside and nothing. Spoke with him when he got back and he said he never checked the oil and has been running it for the past 2 years like that. Just added gas.

Sending the mower to a mechanic to see how badly the engines doing before i put oil in it and find out the poor little guy is going to die on me half way through. Here's to praying that it makes it out alive!

It's a JD if you're wondering.

Change the oil at the beginning of the season and give the blade touch up. I like to think I change the spark plug every other year but, it possible that I let it go more than two. I'm getting old and forget. lol

I've got a Honda but don't like it. It seems to be governed too slow. Is there a turbo kit?

When I last changed the oil in my old B&S mower the old stuff came out like sludge.

You're supposed to change the oil? Oh-oh...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom