Ninja 250 Clutch Safety System | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 250 Clutch Safety System

Buy a new switch or bypass it with a piece of wire or paper clip.

DO you want us to explain the cons of doing this?

I almost broke the same switch when I was installing my woodcraft clip ons. You should be able to get a replacement from any Kawi dealer. I've gotten a few oem parts from snow city.

You can bypass it as explained by shorting out the two wires to fool the bike into thinking the clutch is pulled in.

That will let you start the bike while in gear, so you run the risk of walking it forward off the kickstand when you engage the starter motor. I did this mod on my KLR, and yes, I dropped it once or twice in 88,000 km that the clutch safety was bypassed.

The best option is to go to a site like Kawasaki parts and search for the part numbers for the replacement, then call the Kawi dealer and order it in.

My Kawi Versys will not start unless in neutral, with clutch in or out.

While in gear it will not start unless the kickstand is up and the clutch pulled in.

You could also source the part used from cycle salvage wreckers or possibly on eBay.

Be careful ordering online from the US as the shipping is sometimes twice that of the parts! Get the part numbers and call your dealer for a quote.

Back
Top Bottom