Rear stand TMP July 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear stand TMP July 5

Suzuko

Does anyone have an extra rear stand I can borrow for the day at the track? Last time I was there I dented my tank leaning it against the I- beams under the bleachers (I was leaning the bike on the sliders, but one time it hit the tank before the slider )

I ride my bike there, so I can't take mine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

One option is to bring a bunch of zip ties so that you can keep your kickstand down between sessions.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be there but if I am you can use mine. Silver nissan pickup and blue canopy.

One option is to bring a bunch of zip ties so that you can keep your kickstand down between sessions.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be there but if I am you can use mine. Silver nissan pickup and blue canopy.
Thanks. I did the zip tie thing after I noticed the dent, and it's just a pain to have to do it.

Does anyone have an extra rear stand I can borrow for the day at the track? Last time I was there I dented my tank leaning it against the I- beams under the bleachers (I was leaning the bike on the sliders, but one time it hit the tank before the slider )

I ride my bike there, so I can't take mine.

If you have a stand but just can't bring it you could find someone that lives close or drives past your area that could help you get yours there.

If you have a stand but just can't bring it you could find someone that lives close or drives past your area that could help you get yours there.
That would work too. I'm in Mississauga by square one... and I can drop it off tomorrow if anyone is willing to take it for me.

Thanks. I did the zip tie thing after I noticed the dent, and it's just a pain to have to do it.
So someone has to drive to your house, drag your **** around and then drive it back to your house because you can't be bothered to put a zip tie on after every break?

**** sakes! I am all for helping people on track but I hope no one helps you out!

So someone has to drive to your house, drag your **** around and then drive it back to your house because you can't be bothered to put a zip tie on after every break?

**** sakes! I am all for helping people on track but I hope no one helps you out!
Did you notice the part where I said " I can drop it off tomorrow "? I already damaged my street/track bike. I have to balance the bike on my knee every time I have to put the zip tie on cause guess what? I can't take my stand with me.

Anyway, you're probably the kind of guy who sees a homeless person and says "Why can't he just get a job?" If you don't wanna help that's fine, you don't have to be an a** about it.

All the people I have met at the track or on this forum have been nothing but helpful. They're quick to give advice or lend a helping hand when in need. If asking if someone has a spare rear stand I can use is such an inconvenience and makes me an a**h**e, then I guess I am one.

Please don't make anymore negative comments on this thread. If you feel the need discuss this matter any further I'll be at TMP July 5th under the bleachers wearing red and white leathers on a blue SV650S. There's no mistaken me.

Please don't make anymore negative comments on this thread. If you feel the need discuss this matter any further I'll be at TMP July 5th under the bleachers wearing red and white leathers on a blue SV650S. There's no mistaken me.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol It did sound a little like a duel challenge.

Just to be clear, I don't wish to duel ZX600. I just don't believe in polluting the threads with negative comments. I thought I was being very polite by saying "come talk to me in person at the track " I'm not a violent person at all.

All he asked is if someone has an extra one they can bring or if he can drop it off at someones house to bring for him. He is not demanding someone to come to his house to pick it up so I don't see what the problem is?

All he asked is if someone has an extra one they can bring or if he can drop it off at someones house to bring for him. He is not demanding someone to come to his house to pick it up so I don't see what the problem is?
For a minute I thought I was being a douche for asking. I don't wanna inconvenience anyone. A couple of weeks ago a fellow rider offered me and my bike a ride home after a track day and I turned him down cause it was a little out of his way and I wasn't so tired that I couldn't ride home myself. I was very grateful that he had offered. He even got me a chair and we chilled under his canopy inbetween a couple of sessions with his friends. I can't wait to hopefully someday pay it forward and make some new friends along the way. After all, track days are more than just going around really fast on your bike.

Did you notice the part where I said " I can drop it off tomorrow "? I already damaged my street/track bike. I have to balance the bike on my knee every time I have to put the zip tie on cause guess what? I can't take my stand with me.

Anyway, you're probably the kind of guy who sees a homeless person and says "Why can't he just get a job?" If you don't wanna help that's fine, you don't have to be an a** about it.

All the people I have met at the track or on this forum have been nothing but helpful. They're quick to give advice or lend a helping hand when in need. If asking if someone has a spare rear stand I can use is such an inconvenience and makes me an a**h**e, then I guess I am one.

I guess if you crash you will also ask people to help you get your bike home right? to each it's own - have fun buddy!

I guess if you crash you will also ask people to help you get your bike home right? to each it's own - have fun buddy!
Well, rest assured that if you crash and something happens to you that prevents you from getting yourself home, people will be there to load all your stuff on your trailer, pick up your bike, contact your emergency number, etc., and will do it gladly. I hope that it doesn't happen, but then again there's a risk involved in riding bikes.

Be safe, and try not to let other people's friendly requests bother you too much.

Back
Top Bottom