Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

Does anyone have any memory at all about Super Sport, it was at Avenue rd and Davenport, just outside Yorkville from the late 1970s? Yamaha, Ducati, not sure what else. Would be interested to hear about it.

it was 2605 dundas,and with his skill I believe I Had the fastest Z1 on the street in TO was never beaten in a street race until I met Art Robbins

well done darryle....i didn't know the address...my bad though...i stand corrected....the shop was south of annette

In honour of Stever Crover ( ex-owner of Competition Wheels on Ellesmere) here is a link to an award that is given out in his name:

http://www.vrra.ca/?page_id=2727

Cool video on right of vintage bikes going around Mosport.

BB

VRRA Mosport is great event. I've been riding road bikes since I was 16 and you get really old really fast when you see your high school bike now classified as "vintage".

If you look up the film The Italian Machine (might be on youtube) the bike shop in the film was Cycle World West in its 70 ' s glory days

If you look up the film The Italian Machine (might be on youtube) the bike shop in the film was Cycle World West in its 70 ' s glory days

Cronenberg has been into Ducati's for a long time, the fly transporter machine was based on a Ducati cylinder head

Found the Cycle world store at 3:45 of this clip! Film is from 1976 and they call the place reinharts. You can see the large "H" on the back wall for Honda.

There is some on bike footage at the end with the credits -- not bad considering there was no GoPro back then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC6KM_IZiCg

BB

Last edited:
Cronenberg has been into Ducati's for a long time, the fly transporter machine was based on a Ducati cylinder head

Found the Cycle world store at 3:45 of this clip! Film is from 1976 and they call the place reinharts. You can see the large "H" on the back wall for Honda.

There is some on bike footage at the end with the credits -- not bad considering there was no GoPro back then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC6KM_IZiCg

BB

I have to wonder why he would shoot at CWW, when he bought bikes through Brampton Cycle? The size of the dealership perhaps?

Seeing that footage makes me want to toss a brick through the wondows of Norm and Peter's offices.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any memory at all about Super Sport, it was at Avenue rd and Davenport, just outside Yorkville from the late 1970s? Yamaha, Ducati, not sure what else. Would be interested to hear about it.

I believe my brother bought his 1973 kawi h2 from them in 73 brand new. Was the shop on the south side of davenport? Every time I pass that area I always look for that shop... kinda weird huh!

I have to wonder why he would shoot at CWW, when he bought bikes through Brampton Cycle? The size of the dealership perhaps?

Seeing that footage makes me want to toss a brick through the wondows of Norm and Peter's offices.

Did Brampton Cycle even exist in 1976? I dont think so.

BB

CW west....my Dad always used to take me there to look at bikes as he always tried to buy one even though my mother had him give up biking when my older brother was born. I always thought I'd buy my first brand new bike there. Never happened, and while I'm happy with my new bike and the service I got I am kinda disappointed it wasn't at cycle world west.

Seeing that footage makes me want to toss a brick through the windows of Norm and Peter's offices.

Dont know who Norm and peter were ( sales staff?) but what is interesting is that the dealership looked pretty much the same until it closed, very much so on that side with the offices behind the desk in the movie scene

Dont know who Norm and peter were ( sales staff?) but what is interesting is that the dealership looked pretty much the same until it closed, very much so on that side with the offices behind the desk in the movie scene

Norm: Salesman and Used Bike Sales Manager
Peter: Sales Manager (replaced by Alan Blinoff, nice guy, as the close approached, after Peter's retirement)

I would tell you the story but no one believes me, unless I've got ddusseld to back me up (he was standing right next to me when it happened).

*EDIT* Sorry, Alan became Manager, not Sales Manager. He later moved on to Kahuna where he saved a sale that I was going to walk away from, because Norm was the person who contacted me about my inquiry.

Last edited:
I went to high school with Alan Blinoff. Wasn't close with him then, but I bought 3 bikes from him at McBride's (03 Volusia, 03 Nomad, 06 DL650) and one from him at Kahuna (08 FZ1). He was always good to me, and I'd go back to him if he ever resurfaced. He was patient, always made time, always answered silly questions, always gave me a respectful price that allowed for the profit margin he needed to make.

Firth's (Norton & AJS ?) and Russell Winter's (H-D) - both on the Danforth around Coxwell.
Brown's was on Yonge St. (Triumph) and is now a bicycle shop on Bloor West.
The store where Studio Cycle is now on Annette was McBride's bicycle shop and before that one of the first Loblaw's supermarkets.
The Cycle Shop (Triumph/Honda) was at Yonge and Steeles.
PC Bikes (Kawasaki/Yamaha) in Port Credit, Frank Mrazek's Cycle Centre (Kawasaki) in Mississauaga, Neilsen's (Yamaha/Can-Am) in Aurora.
Yeah, I'm f*ckin' old.....

Back
Top Bottom