Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

Last time I visited Competition Wheels on Warden around 1994, I was helped by the hottest salesgirl I'd ever met. How about Brampton Cycle on Torbram? The only place to buy a Ducati in the GTA. Also some short-lived downtown stores like Deliverance on Bathurst and of course Harley-Davidson on Front St. The motorcycle shop/garage is now an endangered species.

Can you remember the days when you could walk into the dealer and get the part you wanted on the spot?

There was a Suzuki dealer on Mavis just south of Burnhamthorpe

From about 1965 to 1972 there was a shop on the Danforth called Ro Don Sports. Yamaha, Triumph and near the end Honda. For a while they rented Mobylette mopeds.Russell Winter was one of the original Harley dealers located on the Danforthnear Broadview.And for a short time the House of Yamaha located at Kingston Rd and Galloway.

How about Nelson Honda first at Dundas and George then
moved to Leslie and Queen (later sold to Ontario Honda).
Nelson also opened a store where Cycle World East is
located. He sold it to John Bagby (Cycle World) in 1974.

Last edited:
There was always a Kitchener branch. The original was Jane and St Clair run by "Ed" who is Zdeno Savoury(sp) thats who its named after.

There was also a Cycle World North on Steeles Avenue West, between Yonge and Bathurst. Then there was McBride Cycle on Dundas West in the Junction, Ontario Honda on Queen East and I forget the name of the Yamaha dealer that used to be on Dundas West near Scarlett Road.

Bought a lot of parts from both Cycle World West and McBride and once had a bike certified at Ontario Honda.

Wasn't it Gunther's Yamaha at Scarlet & Dundas? Had my '72 DT250 Enduro rebuilt there after shattering a piston into bits.

Lets not forget 55Degrees which was on Dupont just east of Christie. That was a cool little independent shop with a great owner. I bought a pair of boots there but he didn't have my size. He said come to his house where he had more!

Does anyone know what this store used to be on Kingston Road? It once had a Honda sign.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6866...m4!1e1!3m2!1s8bzl8JavJyeedASFpwOwtQ!2e0?hl=en

That was "Dick's Sales and Services".He was a Honda dealer in the early seventies.I heard he so got fed up of dealng with Honda that he just decided to close his doors one day.He still owns the building.My brother delivers parcels for Canada Post in that area and was talking to Dick about 3-4 years ago.The place was like a little time capsule,exactly like the day he closed his doors,bikes and all.He had a beautiful mid 70's Honda 750 Supersport that sat in the showroom for decades.Not sure if its still there.

Originally Posted by CafeRay I think Zdeno is now in London area.

It's in Kitchener, on Victoria Street, near the Guelph border. Just keep going west past Royal Distributing for a few miles. It's in a chalet-style building.

Zdeno is in Kitchener, on Victoria.. about 15km from Royal Distributing.. in a Chalet-style Building.. a little more than a few miles,, just saying.. :)

Back
Top Bottom