Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

Remember all of them. While we are at it how about Kelly's Cycle in Brampton. Them along with Zdeno were my first race sponsors. As far as I know Kelly's did the first trackdays in Ontario around 1988 at Shanny.

yep, I grew up in Brampton and have very fond memories of Kelly's,
bought parts there for my old RD's

first new bike came from Yamaha Toronto in '86.....can't remember exactly where it was

Old enough...

'Bought my first bike at Cycle World W.
Also remember Frank Mrazik's shop on Lakeshore... Frank & family were actually neibors of mine when I was a kid... Frank actually gave me a bike, an early 70's Yamaha 250 IIRC...
I also remember my M test.. Examiner stood on the sidewalk watching me ride down the street, turn around ad come back.
None of this graduated licensing stuff...

For the guys in the Brantford area-

Oakland Sports, Oakland Ontario, they were a Honda Dealer, would ride my DMP 5 hp mini bike through the trails from West Brant ( Gilkison Park now) and check out the bikes, honda trail 70, I was in grade 7. Bought a 74 RD350 in 77 from Joe the owner there for $610. The big yellow barn was still there on old 24 when I last was through.

West Street Cycle, Yamaha dealer, father and son owned it, Marty was the son and mechanic, and then they moved a couple of times as Harvest Cycle.

They were both great places to go.

For the guys in the Brantford area-

Oakland Sports, Oakland Ontario, they were a Honda Dealer, would ride my DMP 5 hp mini bike through the trails from West Brant ( Gilkison Park now) and check out the bikes, honda trail 70, I was in grade 7. Bought a 74 RD350 in 77 from Joe the owner there for $610. The big yellow barn was still there on old 24 when I last was through.

West Street Cycle, Yamaha dealer, father and son owned it, Marty was the son and mechanic, and then they moved a couple of times as Harvest Cycle.

They were both great places to go.
Also Blacks yamaha, two locations 1 in Brantford and 1 outside of town. Bob Black was my very first sponsor, I spent alot of time hanging around that shop sweeping up and helping out.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hurst Yamaha - South side of Queensway just East of Hwy 427 ?

I remember Hurst Yamaha, bought my first bike from Chris Hurst. Boy I miss the days of dedicated bike shops. You could buy a gamma 500 or a Fz 750 for about $5000 bucks in those days.

Should have kept the gamma ,lol.
IMG_1048.JPG

BB

I remember Hurst Yamaha, bought my first bike from Chris Hurst. Boy I miss the days of dedicated bike shops. You could buy a gamma 500 or a Fz 750 for about $5000 bucks in those days.

IMG_1048.JPG

BB

I destroyed 3 of those and sold my other 2. Kick myself everytime I see one now.

IMG_1048.JPG

BB

Love those quad cans and white rims. Still looks fresh (the graphics/colours). Not-quite-old-school-cool.

What's the sweet spot on this? Old enough to remember but not so old as to forget?

I got my tires changed at CycleWorld (Near Sheppard E and McCowan)... is this a different place? If not, it's still open.

I got my tires changed at CycleWorld (Near Sheppard E and McCowan)... is this a different place? If not, it's still open.

NO that is CycleWorld Super store. They(Motorcycle Super Store that used to be on River St.) bought the name, logo and location from the original CW that went under(they had an east and west location).

NO that is CycleWorld Super store. They(Motorcycle Super Store that used to be on River St.) bought the name, logo and location from the original CW that went under(they had an east and west location).
They had a north store as well. That's where their warehouse was located.

This is probably never going to happen but I 'd love to see some bright MBA student do a comprehensive business case review of the motorcycle industry in Canada vs. USA including;

* New bike pricing and markup
* OEM parts and service pricing and margins
* Aftermarket parts/tires pricing and margins, including the role and impact on the industry of Motovan and Parts Canada.
* Impact of e-commerce and end users ordering OEM and aftermarket parts/tires directly from the US

When the dollar was at par or close to it OEM parts were 2 - 2.5x more expensive than US prices. Even with a $.73 dollar there are still significant savings to ordering stateside. Why is this? Is there someone in the mix who is making a killing on this and leaving the dealers with slim to no margins? I'd like to know.

Cycle world north became mercedes i think in that location. ah the good ole daze.... Had a flat nearby on my FZ 750 front tire , and they swapped it right away. Pirelli mt 28 comes to mind, pre radial days.

Bb

Back
Top Bottom