Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

busabim

Site Supporter
Ah remember the day when you could go to yonge/davisville for bike parts at Canada cycle sports? Or GP cycle on O'connor? Cycle World East + West!!
Competition wheels on Ellesmere? I heard Steve Crover died years ago .

The only original shop left is Snow City cycle...

bike%20keys.jpg

BB

Last edited:
in the 80s..those places were huge, and had so much stock they had trailers full of bikes.
Bikes were everywhere on the roads. We've turned into a nation of vaginas.

Sadly in more ways then you know. V----a has replaced dangling fruit in every vocation including construction. The time of the testicle is at hand....

BB

The Cycle World in Etobicoke closed around the time I bought my first bike. Then Parker Bros moved, and recently closed. It was so convenient to have them nearby.

Don't forget Sonic Cycle in Scarborough. Eglinton Ave. E.?

There was also a Cycle World North on Steeles Avenue West, between Yonge and Bathurst. Then there was McBride Cycle on Dundas West in the Junction, Ontario Honda on Queen East and I forget the name of the Yamaha dealer that used to be on Dundas West near Scarlett Road.

Bought a lot of parts from both Cycle World West and McBride and once had a bike certified at Ontario Honda.

There was also a Cycle World North on Steeles Avenue West, between Yonge and Bathurst. Then there was McBride Cycle on Dundas West in the Junction, Ontario Honda on Queen East and I forget the name of the Yamaha dealer that used to be on Dundas West near Scarlett Road.

Bought a lot of parts from both Cycle World West and McBride and once had a bike certified at Ontario Honda.

One of the key fobs pictured is from Ontario Honda.

There was a shop at Yonge/steeles on the north side of the street that became the Mercedes dealership but I am not sure if it was a Cycle world. I forgot about that shop. And now kahuna is gone, I wonder why with such great customer service,lol

my avatar RoadKing came from Cycle World East.
my first bike came from scarboro,, is that considered part of this thread?
can you tell the model of bike from the photo.. and do you have any info about the dealer?
dickscycle.JPG

Motorcycle Factory on Danforth ( biggest Irish Wolfhound I ever saw). Firth's on Danforth. There was also a Honda dealer on the north side of Danforth east of Donlands, pushed my Triumph there to get certified.

I bought (and still have) my tankbag (Cargo Endurance brand) from McBrides.
First helmet was bought from Parker Bros from their little shop near Cycle World West

Rider's Choice, Cycle World West, Parker Brothers, Pro6 and McBride's were all a 15 minutes away (or less) when I started riding in the early 2000s. No need to go back to the 80s, though I remember sneaking over to CWW as a kid in the late 70s. Wish I could go back and buy some of those old school machines new.

No, I do not remember those two places. I think both were before my time.

I purchased my first bike brand new in 1986 - Kawi ZX600R from Cycle World Shep/McCowen. I loved that bike but I did find the customer service and atmosphere of that place to be a bit cold. Like if you're not buying then no one would talk to you for more then 30sec's.

Then in 1998 I bought my dream bike at the time. A brand new GSXR-750 from McBrides. I really miss McBrides. Kai and Rod always treated me good whenever I hung out there. Even before I purchased my bike from them I would go there a few times a week and "browse" just about every sport bike in the store even the used section. Back in the mid 90's I would hang out in that showroom for most of the day just talking bikes with Kai. Not once did either of those guys try to pressure me into buying a bike. Loved the customer service of that place. I wish that place never closed.

Last edited:
McBride Cycle :( Bought my first bike there!

Brooklin Cycle is gone now too, I guess still exists as BCR (Brooklin Cycle Racing).

I attended Brother Edmund Rice secondary school which was very close to McBrides Cycle and we would stop in after school and just browse and talk about what we read in the latest magazine. It was a wicked place to dream about owning these bikes. Now it's just an empty lot awaiting new condominiums.

Back
Top Bottom