Pennsylvania 666 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pennsylvania 666

matthew

Site Supporter
I read somewhere in the forum that part of 666 was washed out at the eastern section of the road from heavy storms in the previous weeks.

Has anyone been down there the last few days or has started on the road from the western terminus and can give an update?

I read somewhere in the forum that part of 666 was washed out at the eastern section of the road from heavy storms in the previous weeks.Has anyone been down there the last few days or has started on the road from the western terminus and can give an update?
Was down that way last weekend. We had to turnaround somewhere in Allegheny park as the road was closed. Need to check the GPS later and see if it was the 666. I think theres several roads out in that area.

I posted this in another thread:

I rode 666 through the Allegheny Forest last Saturday. About ten miles in, when entering from the west, the road is closed, local traffic only. I chose to ignore the signs. Indeed, there is a section which had been washed away by heavy rain the week prior. Piles of gravel have been placed on either side of the damaged area to discourage traffic. Shouldn't be a problem for most bikes, though. A couple of local folks checked it out with me, then a dude in an old 4x4 Blazer came through from the opposite direction. He told us there is a similar break in the road about another mile on. I had no trouble getting through, but two couples on big Harleys chose to turn back.

IMG_20140628_153440_zpsd1c9dc41.jpg

IMG_20140628_154203_zpsca1ff1d9.jpg

IMG_20140628_154459_zpsfbfe6b96.jpg

IMG_20140628_155504_zpse24f344c.jpg

IMG_20140628_155532_zpsa31ab276.jpg

IMG_20140628_155553_zpsff20c781.jpg

Last edited:
I landed on a closed road on one of my regular routes somewhere around Allegheny last year. It was just a bridge they were rebuilding. A bit of offroading and I had the road to myself :)

Thanks Jayell. That was the post I was looking for I guess I'll try 666 starting from the west and see how far it goes.

Thanks Jayell. That was the post I was looking for I guess I'll try 666 starting from the west and see how far it goes.

I don't think you'll have any trouble, Matthew, as long as you're not riding a land yacht. Doesn't matter which direction you're going. If you're lucky, you'll meet Larry and Lori, the local couple seen above. Really nice, helpful folks. :thumbup:

On the other hand, who knows how quick they'll be to move in heavy equipment for repairs? Best to talk to some locals, I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom