Clutch problems with my 2000 CBR F4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clutch problems with my 2000 CBR F4

k2p2

Hi GTAmotorcycle

Over the years I’ve been tightening my clutch cables to the point where there was barely anymore room left at the beginning of this season. Yesterday while stopped at a red light my clutch stopped functioning completely (I only have 28,000 KM on my CBR F4). The lifter arm is loose and I can move it up and down with my hand.
Are these definite signs that the clutch needs to be replaced ? how can I make sure ?
If so, is replacing the clutch something I can do myself ? I’m not a pro but I like working on my bike myself and have done stuff like carb cleaning, spark plug test and replacement, replacing fuel pump …

Thanks for your input

You know you need to leave slack on the cable when you adjust it, right?

I was searching online and it looks like the Lifter Arms in F4s are susceptible to breaking (e.g http://www.factorypro.com/Install_pages/Install,EVO,Shift_STAR,H21,cbr600f4,f4i,cbr600rr.html

considering I can easily lift the Lifter Arm with my finger (See the two pictures attached), I'm thinking it's a broken Lifter Arm. No ?
I know to confirm it I would have to remove the crankcase cover but I don't wanna drain the oil and remove the cover until I have the part in hand.
Opinions ? 1.jpg2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom