RDT July 5 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RDT July 5

Skapan (106 - Yellow) and I (551-Green)will be there Sat and Sun. Sun looks iffy with a thunderstorm in the afternoon

Went today, first ever non-school track day, had a blast. Jeezus Christ ya'll are so fast :)

One of the afternoon sessions.

[video=youtube;dBbmAzm_k14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbmAzm_k14&list=UUMDwLaVe4GYWojoBSdRzmww&feature=share[/video]

^^^

awesome, great to see a video of how to approach this track!
For contrast, see my video: track day newb, RDT newb, first time with my bike on the track and soooo much slower:

[video=youtube_share;7ZOFKGxq2Bo]http://youtu.be/7ZOFKGxq2Bo[/video]

Had a great day. Weather was great. 2 groups so lots of track time. Only one crash resulting in a broken collar bone. Ouch. GWS soon rider.
Technical track. Wish it had a longer straight but it is a rider (driver) development track. Pro 6 did a great job again. Thanks.

Beautiful weather, fun little track. Fairly slick in the morning sessions, but with some heat and riding to clean it up a bit, got better in the afternoon.
First time out with Pro6. Well run and organized guys (kudos to Sheena for running it solo). Looking forward to Long Track and 'Bogie with you guys!
Wishing the rider that went down a speedy recovery and gets back on the bike soon.

I was challenged with rear traction all day. Adjusting tire temps, pressure, rebound. Dont have much experience on fresh new pavement.

The track was indeed a bit greasy.

Props to Sheena for aceing her first riders meeting!

Great weather, good day. As others have said, really greassy in the morning and dirty but got better as the day went on. I was surprised at how many patches there were for how new the track was. Nice to ride on a different track but not sure how many times I will be back when a couple more bucks can ride one of the two big tracks. All in all it was a good day.

On my 600 I ran -1/+1 and was hitting 3rd gear several times per lap.
I was pitted directly across from you but everytime I was going to come say hi, I couldn't see you there anymore. Not sure if you went to sit down somewhere I just couldn't see you or if you went off somewhere.

Mexican Sprocket!

I will be there but not sure If i will bring the UNCPRL1000 out to play.
Saw your old bike there and thought I saw you just leaving on the streetbike

Skapan (106 - Yellow) and I (551-Green)will be there Sat and Sun. Sun looks iffy with a thunderstorm in the afternoon
Nice to put a face to the name and be able to chat for a bit Vickie.

Saw your old bike there and thought I saw you just leaving on the streetbike
lol yes you did - I live 25 min away so I came to hang out with a few friends for a bit - It was nice to see my old bike being used. I have a love hate relationship with that bike

I did the track on Sunday and my Traction Control was going nuts - It was slippery but clean, slipping was mostly due to it being a new track.

Some tires were getting destroyed, mine were fine and wearing smoothly until the last session when I saw the nasty "rebound like" issue on the tire. Good to see my suspension is working well

I was pitted directly across from you but everytime I was going to come say hi, I couldn't see you there anymore. Not sure if you went to sit down somewhere I just couldn't see you or if you went off somewhere.

Too bad, always nice to put a face to a name. Did you have the two Boston dogs?

Some tires were getting destroyed, mine were fine and wearing smoothly until the last session when I saw the nasty "rebound like" issue on the tire. Good to see my suspension is working well

Holy crap, I was going nuts trying to figure out why my tire looked like this:

20140705_160301.jpg

At first is started off looking like cold tearing. Dave was checking my carcas temp and it was around 50°C after coming off (in morning).

It looked like a suspension issue also as it had a waveform to it. Didn't know anyone there well veresed in Pirelli tires, so I was stumped. Sheena suggested it was most likely due to the new pavement.

Too bad, always nice to put a face to a name. Did you have the two Boston dogs?

I was right beside the guys with the dogs, if you were at your pit looking across I was on the right of the dogs.

The tires that I started with were almost done and I was pretty sure I was going to have to put new ones on at lunch but I had very minimal wear and they lasted all day for me.

Sheena suggested it was most likely due to the new pavement.
Yes, that seems to be the issue, of course if your suspension is off, it will magnify the damage, so it can me a mix of things.

Mine were smooth all day running 1:41s (not sure if that is fast or not on that track) I was just learning the track and getting some practice in - after that last session the right side looked a bit used (nothing like your picture) and only on the right side

There is a crap load of time to be saved on that track, I am sure the guys that have done a couple of track days there already can be on mid 30's, its a fun little track once you get your speed up and are able to combine some of the left hander turns into one etc. The first right turn sweeper is lots of fun specially controlling the wheelie after the crest, good passing spot.

Last edited:
The gentleman with the carbon fibre Duc in the red group had the same issue, on his Pirellis (i think), but had those same markings on the right side. He couldn't figure it out either...

20140705_160301.jpg

At first is started off looking like cold tearing. Dave was checking my carcas temp and it was around 50°C after coming off (in morning).

It looked like a suspension issue also as it had a waveform to it. Didn't know anyone there well veresed in Pirelli tires, so I was stumped. Sheena suggested it was most likely due to the new pavement.

Right side was worse. I adjusted rebound in both directions. No change to wear.

20140705_160250.jpg

1:41 sounds quite fast! I use the timestamp from my gopro as my lap timer... ghetto.

Right side was worse. I adjusted rebound in both directions. No change to wear.

1:41 sounds quite fast! I use the timestamp from my gopro as my lap timer... ghetto.
lol that is what I do most times my Harry's laptimer decides not to work - This time it did except for the first session, but no one needs to see that first session on track times ;)

Had a great day. Weather was great. 2 groups so lots of track time. Only one crash resulting in a broken collar bone. Ouch. GWS soon rider.
Technical track. Wish it had a longer straight but it is a rider (driver) development track. Pro 6 did a great job again. Thanks.

He is a friend of mine, not sure of all the details, but yes his collar bone snapped in half as he tumbled down the track. He'll find out on Tuesday if he's going to have surgery or not.

O o

he is a friend of mine, not sure of all the details, but yes his collar bone snapped in half as he tumbled down the track. He'll find out on tuesday if he's going to have surgery or not.

Back
Top Bottom