Insuring 2 bikes silmultaniously | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring 2 bikes silmultaniously

Also, the percentage profit doesn't matter nearly as much as the amount, IMO, contrary to what you're saying. Even if the mom and pop store is making a higher percentage they're still only making thousands in profit over the year. Whereas insurance companies will say they need to raise rates because they wanted to make $4 billion and only made $2 billion instead.

Percentage profit is everything for a huge company. They want people to invest in their company, would you rather have an investment that returns 2% or 4%? Try to be the company that returns 2% and see how long you last.

Now if insurance was government run, 0% profit should be the goal, but the added bureaucracy/inefficiency would probably raise rates more than removing profit would lower them.

Insurance companies are audited to make 15% profit, but several audits have shown much higher than that. The industry claims 5%, but those are numbers based on industry self-audits, and just used to counter political pressure. 5% profit? Then explain the hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing campaigns and the tallest skysprapers in every city in Ontario.

Why do you think smaller insurance companies are being bought out by the big players?

Because the big players are controlling the market and eliminating competition. This is how big business is done in Canada. This is why Rogers and Bell have telecom monopolies, and why Canadians pay more for less.

I'm glad you brought that up, let's take a look at the flood that happened in the GTA last year.
One of my bigger companies paid out more in 1 month than the previous whole year. The average claim paid out was $60,00 for water, sewer backup.
Most people won't pay $60,000 worth of insurance in their life time with auto and home combined.

So a few hundred claims of $60,000, versus ~1 million homes who pay every year with no claims. People don't pay $60,000 in insurance with two cars and a house in a lifetime? i'm already at twice that and have never made a claim

Insurance is parasitic, and it is manipulative. Your arguments that insurance is a non-profit venture just highlights how we should eliminate private insurance. If the government insists on laws of insurance, then they must provide affordable insurance.

This is why Ontario is financial ruin, we have been taken over by the services industry of people in office cubicles who are only paper shufflers and add nothing to the real economy, because nothing is added, or produced.

Even when Bob Rae was voted in as Premiere on the promise of creating a public insurance plan, he underestimated just how corrupt and powerful the insurance industry is in Ontario, and he likely got bought out like all the others.

Sorry if I don't take any of your posts seriously, but your job is to lie to people and take money for nothing.

Well said IMO. If insurance is required by law, it should be run by the government and be held accountable.

I love the 5% profit statement...... Yes and the fixed assets keep racking up.

The insurance industry has wonderful accounting.

Mark Twain had a pretty jaundiced view of the insurance industry and that was about 100 years ago. Not much incentive to combat fraud if someone else is paying for it. Insurers double-dip just as often too, especially when homeowner policies and municipal incompetence intersect (basically lowball the payout, then turn around and sue municipality for 5X amount). Had it happen to a close friend once--$5000 to rip out and repair a (flooded) fully finished basement. LOL applies here. No prior claims for 30 years.

Also,

Flywheel: Interested in insuring another bike.

Agent: That would cost you double your current policy.

Flywheel: Why?

Agent: Liability/medical during operation.

Flywheel: I can't ride both at once!

Agent: An uninsured friend of yours might ride the other one.

Flywheel: What would happen then?

Agent: Your policy would become void.

Nice!

But you wont be homeless after an at fault accident were you get mangled here. Well there is a lesser chance anyway.

We are not talking about the same thing here.
You are paying your insurance BUT you can only ride 1 bike at a time so why not allow transferable or the person is insured for any vehicle they own and operating etc...

TOTAL SCAM!!!

Back
Top Bottom