Insuring 2 bikes silmultaniously | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring 2 bikes silmultaniously

gqelements

Site Supporter
Looking for suggestions from owners of 2+ bikes, insured simultaneously, on whether there any insurers that offer price breaks for the second bike insured? So far State Farm and Intact are just doubling up my quote (tried 2 identical bikes for the 'test' quote request) for the second bike... seems unreasonable (and expensive).

Thanks in advance for any feedback/direction.

Yup that's the case.

Call up brokers and bundle everything (house, car, bikes , life insurance ), they might give you a discounted rate.

Had up to 3 bikes at once before....paid 3 insurances. Though some companies might let you swap insurance from one to the other on one policy....so only one is covered at a time.

I have two bikes with two different insurance companies, the price was better than the discount. I got a ticket on one bike and that bike's insurance went up, two years later and the other insurer hasn't changed my rate.

I have two bikes with two different insurance companies, the price was better than the discount. I got a ticket on one bike and that bike's insurance went up, two years later and the other insurer hasn't changed my rate.

It's so painful.. meanwhile, my ameri-friends that can barely afford 1 Canadian bike have insured toys out the wazooo

It's so painful.. meanwhile, my ameri-friends that can barely afford 1 Canadian bike have insured toys out the wazooo
+
Remember, you only need 25K liaibility there though and they don't pay your medical expenses.

I asked my bro in Wyoming how much he is paying in insurance for an X5 he said $100/mth. He asked me how much I'm paying for my Hyundai I told him $200. He laughed at me in disbelief. Which got me thinking, I should move to Wyoming or Colorado

Thanks for the replies everyone, going to try covering the bikes under 2 separate companies...
Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_234 using Tapatalk

Are you the only rider, and you have 2 bikes ? if so carry on....

otherwise it's a whole different ball game if there is another licensed rider in the household and 2 bikes, and so on......it's even different if it's one bike and more than one person is licensed in the same household.

I asked my bro in Wyoming how much he is paying in insurance for an X5 he said $100/mth. He asked me how much I'm paying for my Hyundai I told him $200. He laughed at me in disbelief. Which got me thinking, I should move to Wyoming or Colorado

The ex has a new maxima. 64 bucks a month fully covered and she complained because it went up from the 5 year old one she had. :rolleyes:

Friend has a 2011 cbr 1000. Been riding for one year. 640 a year. It's unreal how much less it is there.

IMO the only price break you get for multiple vehicles is the savings the agent gets by only having to fill out one form. $5?

The system has been abused so much in the past the insurers just assume a form of fraud is going on. Just look at the constant stream of posts on this forum with people asking "I'm buying a bike and want to put it in my fathers / mothers / uncles / name....."

The answer is a simple modification to the pink slip saying "only valid when operated by owner." Cop pulls bike over and it's not the owner: Here's your $5,000 ticket. There's the tow truck. Have a nice day

P.S. You'll never get cheap insurance again.

I want a GROM super super duper bad.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

TDMM allowed me to switch routinely once in a while if i gave them 24 hrs prior notice.

No longer unless for an extended periods.

Screwed again.

If you're lucky they give you a multi-vehicle discount but not all will.

Back when I was with BelairDirect I owned two 2001 VW Jettas for awhile. One gas one diesel. I wanted to insure both so any potential buyers could legally test drive the gas one I was selling.

My quote for both vehicles was higher than the individual quotes added together.

ie. gas VW Jetta alone = $200/mo
diesel VW Jetta alone = $200/mo
both together = $440/mo

Made no sense.

or just move outside of the GTA

Insurance... scamming us all since the beginning of its time.

A really good question for car and bike owner is why are we paying multiples of liability? If I pay car liability, then why pay bike liability? If I'm riding a bike, I cannot be using the car.

I really don't understand how I can do 2-3X more damage on a bike than a car, especially since I can drive my car in an ice storm while drinking hot soup.

A really good question for car and bike owner is why are we paying multiples of liability? If I pay car liability, then why pay bike liability? If I'm riding a bike, I cannot be using the car.

I've heard that there is a blanket liability policy that you can buy but I haven't investigated it in detail. Basically it covers you when operating motor vehicles that you do not own (ie. borrowing vehicles from friends). This policy would protect you in case your friend did not have enough (or any) insurance. Again, I haven't personally priced it, so this may be something my friend made up.

Back
Top Bottom