Fz-07 & fz-09 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fz-07 & fz-09

Great reviews, FZ-09 is a very hot bike. How's the wind without a wind screen. Any pictures of the bike with a windscreen is the look of the bike compromised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on both of them at Snow City, I liked the 07 better just from an ergo standpoint. They should put the 07's handlebar on the 09 IMO.

I put on a Ermax 33CM screen... it helped a lot with the wind ;)

Thanks for the FZ info.. @ 200+ lbs you definitely will need to adjust the suspension on that bike. how about its luggage capability? Any decent options out yet? Have you done any long highway rides yet? Hows the seat?I did look at one last year, but yet to demo one. It would be interesting..

looked at he FJ09? same bike with the throttle mapping fixed,better suspension
touring friendly ergos and way more luggage options...and dealers are trying to unload them

Great reviews, FZ-09 is a very hot bike. How's the wind without a wind screen. Any pictures of the bike with a windscreen is the look of the bike compromised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't escape wind on either of these two bikes ... highway ride could be tiring after an hour or two. The good thing is there is no wind buffeting. You're getting blasted with clean air which is way better than installing any aftermarket windscreen.

My kid took his FZ8 cross country ...better seat but stock screen.

Tank bag and Shad seat and top case .. we did 3 weeks of 450 - 750 km days

OjUWBJTDE6qzIt97wIUlD_jLhQfiIom6VBFnMrb1y00AzRP9vfyuGJpJZjTSmZvUxc3d3i22AY7wUhLBsRKBC-csBJg8i9gpqfXm312dmrXs07XQvu9jF9u241z2S_F-T-fFAypwiakWyGe4Ij5WvvmiRBgEgn2km_-Syun6y_-YhZ1gAYs3N_PpDD1rulqEuzohXPiWMvZZIotPp5i6irajdKjDzbR5aJ5QI_R5I5FQopOdAMVWKGq_d-U3Si8m3IdUrpreudvpV_ohyuaaQWaoyxN4NPKUn1RFpvZlCNuRJm_bDTQVq_faMJVqXfqFIu3WwY6H08NqbPH9kmliWCnNjataYLsjiRtyjI5eqC4Tc6QMZlzp2MdEDSgEQh38usC-78HtTG3KItzLv7HIelwt_OMCUYT4qLu0_nPYx3iDfXvd-868LdqVs_tU3Ii1XI2V6G2olz9kofqjaM7mky45MeyEVSHTO4kJ7_thd5nB9fuNQ9F0Vk7yEBI5MRf1XRwafAno4dUWnB_rS6lBFmU16OVJCLdBhvWgP4uwhQfsYldCgJu6eLNjRT4ErDZ5DPkFZ1fdDzhkrhDJgwES0IwyWpJDgubbAxx34X24gU5qltV9XsG0fplV=w2722-h1552-no

He liked the ergos on the FZ8 better than the FZ9 and it was not as twitchy. ( that may have been fixed ) and the deal on the FZ8 was spectacular.

My kid took his FZ8 cross country ...better seat but stock screen.

Tank bag and Shad seat and top case .. we did 3 weeks of 450 - 750 km days

He liked the ergos on the FZ8 better than the FZ9 and it was not as twitchy. ( that may have been fixed ) and the deal on the FZ8 was spectacular.

FZ8 is awesome bike ... 4 banger with smooth power delivery and lots of torque.

looked at he FJ09? same bike with the throttle mapping fixed,better suspension
touring friendly ergos and way more luggage options...and dealers are trying to unload them

The 'bugs' have all been fixed on the 17 models, only reason to get the FJ over the FZ is windshield, bags, ergos and maybe looks

Cant go wrong either way

Does anyone here ride either of these two bikes and able to offer their thoughts? I know the FZ-07 has only just been launched and I am keen to get some owner reviews as oppose to those in the press/media.

Interested in the 07, but would like to hear the good and the bad on both before making any decisions as the 09 looks a lot of fun too.

Cheers.

IMO, there is the mini-me argument. Love the FZ-09. Hooligan bike even stock. Great value power bike too. And no need to compromise.

There's also price, insurance and/or commuter considerations, to which people may prefer the FZ-07. It depends on what's important and personal preferences. I'd take the FZ-09 without looking back, but I'm a performance enthusiast :D.

Last edited:
IMO, there is the mini-me argument. Love the FZ-09. Hooligan bike even stock. Great value power bike too. And no need to compromise.

There's also price, insurance and/or commuter considerations, to which people may prefer the FZ-07. It depends on what's important and personal preferences. I'd take the FZ-09 without looking back, but I'm a performance enthusiast :D.

Most people consider it a sport touring or naked bike, so since it is not an R6...insurance plays a lesser role in consideration

FZ09 VS FZ8 first impression by an unbiased salesperson.

[video=youtube;-PFvOHlOz6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFvOHlOz6I[/video]

Only the people that ride FZ08's think they are a better option in any way than an FZ09.

Hard to think of any bike better than the fz 09, superduke maybe? Tuono?

Hard to think of any bike better than the fz 09, superduke maybe? Tuono?
I would give my FZ09 keys for the newer super duke with no hesitation, I can not justify it unfortunately.

The FZ09 is to the SuperDuke what the FZ08 is to the FZ09 - no comparison

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom