Most basic cellphone/plan | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most basic cellphone/plan

Get by with landline just fine, gave up cell couple years ago. Feeling vulnerable on the road without cellphone. Initial search reveals metric ton of info to wade thru on phones and plans/features. Only need emergency calls to CAA. Could somebody give me a starting point?

Glad to see this thread in same boat myself,feel vulnerable without one, will check out the posts................

Out of curiosity - wouldn't it be easier to give up the land line and keep a cellphone?
With new plans you get free long distance in Canada, loads of data - both things great for touring. I have not had a land line for 15 years and don't miss it. Much prefer the mini computer that a today's cellphone is.

I was thinking of that, but not too gadget technical savvy, how do you deal with salespeople calling etc?

Glad to see this thread in same boat myself,feel vulnerable without one, will check out the posts................

I hope you're not as retarded and obtuse(there's a difference) as I am. I won't go into a blow by blow but after three days finally got it done.

I hope you're not as retarded and obtuse(there's a difference) as I am. I won't go into a blow by blow but after three days finally got it done.

Well does take me awhile to learn new technology, glad you done it, but always thought a phone 24 hrs was bit of an Albratose around our necks, but will check into
some basic plan...................

Well does take me awhile to learn new technology, glad you done it, but always thought a phone 24 hrs was bit of an Albratose around our necks, but will check into
some basic plan...................

It's not the technology so much in this case. It's the wading thru all the websites and pamphlets at stores and cross checking and then what you decide on isn't available etc. Had the nice lady at Fortinos phone all over the city to find the one cheapie phone that went with the cheapie plan. Do they not restock on purpose hoping you'll upgrade?

They're just dumbfounded that someone actually wants the cheap phone.

They're just dumbfounded that someone actually wants the cheap phone.

I think you're right. Putting it into a context any GTAMer will understand, this new acquisition won't get me laid. It's like when a parade (gay or regular) comes down the street and all the sheeple to run to the window. Baaa....

Out of curiosity - wouldn't it be easier to give up the land line and keep a cellphone?
With new plans you get free long distance in Canada, loads of data - both things great for touring. I have not had a land line for 15 years and don't miss it. Much prefer the mini computer that a today's cellphone is.
Please tell me which plans have loads of data? It's been years since I've seen more than 3GB listed and it's always on $80+/mo plans.

My gf pays more than me for a plan with 500mb and I've got 6GB and I still pay more than I used to.

Please tell me which plans have loads of data? It's been years since I've seen more than 3GB listed and it's always on $80+/mo plans.

My gf pays more than me for a plan with 500mb and I've got 6GB and I still pay more than I used to.

Google for Bell Thunder Bay plan, or Koodo $55 All in, etc.

They're out there, some hoops you have to jump through but it's doable.

These plans are $50+ tax, Unlimited talk coast to coast, unlimited intl text, voicemail, call display, blah blah and 6GB of data. It's harder to get at now though, as some of those loopholes have been closed, but if you're persistent enough, there are ways...

I'm on a 5GB unlimited talk Canada wide, text and picture unlimited, 48 a month. Have 3 phones on that plan and all data is pooled

I'm on a 5GB unlimited talk Canada wide, text and picture unlimited, 48 a month. Have 3 phones on that plan and all data is pooled
Who's that with and is it a new plan?

Where can I get this? I have wind, but new house very little to no reception. I pay $100 for 3 phones unlimited talk, text, voicemail, caller id, data.

I use 10gb of data a month.

Oh yeah I saw that one. Didn't realize you could pool phones on that plan though.

If you know an employee they've been able to get that price since it came out, I believe.

A little off topic, but if anyone is looking for a deal on a smart phone, Blackberry is selling brand new, unlocked Z10s for $199, works out to about $240CAD after tax and shipping. The deal is good in Canada, can be used with just about any carrier.

http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.298815200, use coupon code SAVE100BB148.

Tiger Direct has em too. $199

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...dpNo=8512261&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&MobileOptOut=1

sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah I saw that one. Didn't realize you could pool phones on that plan though.

It's suppose to be $5 extra per phone for pooling, but the deal with our company is no pooling charges, no regulatory fees, just $18 for unlimited Canadian calling, text and picture messaging, $30 for 5gb data, $24 for 3GB, so 42 plus HST or 48 plus HST, also no activation fees, and we get 50 percent off hardware, so if Rogers offers the phone at 200,we get it for 100. We fish isn't available at any Rogers store, we have to go through a certain company for this plan

Back
Top Bottom