Most basic cellphone/plan | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most basic cellphone/plan

I suppose it might be but I was paying 60-70 bucks a month when I had the cell, my landline is 25 i think bundled with the internet and tv. Doesn't sound like big money but sometimes I just get fed up with constant automatic drip out of the account. I just want the cell for CAA.

I understand. To me the money is well worth it, considering what you get. Maybe not 20 years ago but now? A GPS, a camera, a flashlight, access to the Internet, email - so many little useful things, especially when you're out of town. ... OR when the work is boring ... ;)

Is the 7/11 thing better? They don't sell it in stores, need to go on line. The Petro Canada mobile I had an issue with today but in googling it PC (Presidents Choice) mobility came up. 100/yr and a better minute rate and available all over. I'm gonna get that tomorrow.

Don't know...was going to look into it at some point.

I understand. To me the money is well worth it, considering what you get. Maybe not 20 years ago but now? A GPS, a camera, a flashlight, access to the Internet, email - so many little useful things, especially when you're out of town. ... OR when the work is boring ... ;)

An amazing device to be sure and I could easily afford it. Would I have the discipline to not engage with it constantly? Very unlikely. I don't want to go down that road. I could get into some philosophical ramblings about where all this is headed yada but not tonight.

Fido talk and text, under $30 a month taxes in.

Is the 7/11 thing better? They don't sell it in stores, need to go on line. The Petro Canada mobile I had an issue with today but in googling it PC (Presidents Choice) mobility came up. 100/yr and a better minute rate and available all over. I'm gonna get that tomorrow.

If you really will only use this phone for CAA, then 7/11 is better. A $25 refill at 7/11 lasts for one year, at Petro Mobility a $25 refill lasts 4 months. For most people this isn't an issue because it is not hard to use $25 in four months, but if you really do not plan to use this phone at all, then $25/year is better than $25/4 months or $100/ year, isn't it?

I use petro-mobility -- just because it was more convenient for me at the time. I use it with a Nexus 4 and have their $10/month data plan (100mb) so I can still use google maps, waze, etc, with it. I sometimes go over on the data, but I still find it to be much cheaper than any other option out there for how often I use the phone, which is almost never.

Public mobile just switched over to the telus network... Much better reception and call quality... $19/month unlimited province wide talk

If you really will only use this phone for CAA, then 7/11 is better. A $25 refill at 7/11 lasts for one year, at Petro Mobility a $25 refill lasts 4 months. For most people this isn't an issue because it is not hard to use $25 in four months, but if you really do not plan to use this phone at all, then $25/year is better than $25/4 months or $100/ year, isn't it?

I use petro-mobility -- just because it was more convenient for me at the time. I use it with a Nexus 4 and have their $10/month data plan (100mb) so I can still use google maps, waze, etc, with it. I sometimes go over on the data, but I still find it to be much cheaper than any other option out there for how often I use the phone, which is almost never.

Yes, just CAA and I guess it wouldn't hurt if the union hall could contact me a bit more conveniently but that's not a flood of calls. 7/11 looks better but I like to walk into bricks/mortar and, my bad, I need it yesterday. But thanks, your initial post got me rolling in the right direction as I didn't know where to start, I never pay attention to this stuff. Turns out there's such a thing as phone snobbery, why am I surprised?:lol:

Yes, just CAA and I guess it wouldn't hurt if the union hall could contact me a bit more conveniently but that's not a flood of calls. 7/11 looks better but I like to walk into bricks/mortar and, my bad, I need it yesterday. But thanks, your initial post got me rolling in the right direction as I didn't know where to start, I never pay attention to this stuff. Turns out there's such a thing as phone snobbery, why am I surprised?:lol:
I love my handheld computer. I can make free calls & text if I have access to wifi. Plus with access to google maps this is an indispensable tool.

If you want someone to teach you to use these computers, buy me coffee & I can run it over with you. Make sure you bring your reading glasses

Thanx RocketGuy, very kind, if I ever go down this road to damnation I'll contact you for coordinates:cool:

Thanx RocketGuy, very kind, if I ever go down this road to damnation I'll contact you for coordinates:cool:
No problem bud.

There is so much you can do with a phone. My parents still can't get over the possibilities that can be done

Are you going to bring your parents?

Why? You want to meet them? I'm sure my dad can hag you to death.

I started taking a beta blocker for the heart. Side effects include reduced social anxiety, so yes, I want to meet everybody.

I started taking a beta blocker for the heart. Side effects include reduced social anxiety, so yes, I want to meet everybody.
I'll keep that in mind

I got the 7-11 phone for my Mum in Orangeville last year at Xmas. They had them stocked in-store back then. Where did you hear it was online only? Did you call a few stores?
Phone is pretty crappy but functional. Totally good enough for occasional calls though.

I got the 7-11 phone for my Mum in Orangeville last year at Xmas. They had them stocked in-store back then. Where did you hear it was online only? Did you call a few stores?
Phone is pretty crappy but functional. Totally good enough for occasional calls though.

I looked at the website. I didn't see the in store option. I'll be the first to admit stuff gets by me. On the Petro Canada site it was plain as day. At the actual Petro Canada location the phone wasn't there. Maybe the reverse is true at a 7-11 store.

Laugh out loud: strike 2. I guess they don't want you to buy the cheapest phone tied to the cheapest plan. PC Mobility @ Fortinos. No go. But will be happy to steer you to Bell monthly plan at twice the price. Probably just a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom