Need more brakes! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need more brakes!

zeniceguy

I put a new set of ebc HH centered pads in my 1000 two track days ago. Im out if pads again, no street riding. They are not hanging up, all 4 pads worn the same. Rotors are straight and clean.
1, anyone use sbs pads?
2, whats a better pad to run?

While I have absolutely no experience with riding track...

Maybe you want to consider a track oriented pad? E.g. EBC's EPFA or GPFAX, something that deals with heat a little better.

More throttle, less brakes!

;)

something is def wrong. Shouldnt be able to go through them that quickly. SBS are great to but dont last any longer that EBCs

Actually, where did you source these pads from? There is such a thing as counterfeit brake pads

Got them from a suzuki dealer. Ebc green pads, had great grip, no fade.
I break realy late really hard. Only lasted me 2 full track days. Pads on befor these lasted 1 seasone and 1 track day.

Try these EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

something isnt right there, i do an entire year on my ferodo pads and im running brembo rotors, ap calipers, and a brembo master and im draging an old thou to a stop and doin about 10 track days a year and about 7000 km of hard street riding, and even then i only use a little over half of my pads up in that time. even when i ran ebc pads on my old twin i was able to do over a year with lots of street riding and a couple track days, and i ran the hh pads as well

Got them from a suzuki dealer. Ebc green pads, had great grip, no fade.
I break realy late really hard. Only lasted me 2 full track days. Pads on befor these lasted 1 seasone and 1 track day.

Brake late and really hard eh ...
Even the fastest guys that race don't go through pads like that something is wrong with the calipers

Slowing down too much ... I get years out of brake pads!

I am using Braketech cast iron rotors with a Ferodo brake pad that is meant for use with those (sorry, don't know the series, Tony at Bluestreak told me what to get, so I did). Cast iron rotors look awful but work great.

I am using Braketech cast iron rotors with a Ferodo brake pad that is meant for use with those (sorry, don't know the series, Tony at Bluestreak told me what to get, so I did). Cast iron rotors look awful but work great.
Especially when they get a tiny bit wet! We had a little sprinkle at my last track day, bike sat under the canopy the whole time. About an hour later track started to dry and my buddie was like "you weren't riding on those rusted out rotors all day were ya?" lol. Should have took a pic.

How many track days you figure the Ferodo CP1 pads will last ya?

Last edited:
You should get a season (or more depending on your mileage) out of that setup. If you plan to ride in the wet at all you should consider a different pad. You can use the rotors in the rain but the carbon pad is meant for dry conditions.

You should get a season (or more depending on your mileage) out of that setup. If you plan to ride in the wet at all you should consider a different pad. You can use the rotors in the rain but the carbon pad is meant for dry conditions.
Thanks for the info. Never knew the CP1 was a dry weather pad. Was debating about going out in the rain at my last track day but the metal rods in my leg/hip said it wasn't worth it. So no, I generally will never ride in the rain.

I don't know if you saw my other thread, about my pads overhanging the edge of my rotors. I need to keep a close eye on them because when they wear down enough to where the pads touch each other I'll have zero brakes :(

I'm thinking op is going mach3 down the straights and 20km/h in corners.

I don't know if you saw my other thread, about my pads overhanging the edge of my rotors. I need to keep a close eye on them because when they wear down enough to where the pads touch each other I'll have zero brakes :(

Wut

I think braketech sent me undersized rotors (which they said is impossible because the 07 R1 uses the smallest rotors they make, that'll bolt up to an 07 R1 anyway). When I have my new Q3 installed after this weekend I'll measure the rotor and find out for sure, if it's undersized they agreed to send me out a new set of rotors and pads.

Back
Top Bottom