My first cruiser - FIrst long ride? | GTAMotorcycle.com

My first cruiser - FIrst long ride?

Shane.Nicholson

Site Supporter
Anyone have a good suggestion for the first long ride on a cruiser?

I'm getting the CTX700T next week and once i've gotten used to it, i'd like to do a semi-long tripe, i guess and hour or two.

Any suggestions for an easy trip?

Shane

Funky new bike!

In the Touring forum I think you'd find that a "semi-long trip" wouldn't be an hour or two. Let's call that popping out for a coffee :). From Mississauga there are at least 3 logical 2-hour romps. Tri-City area, Niagara on-the-Lake, Orangeville (Forks en-route).

One of my favs is Brittania Road over to Guelph Line and grab a beverage/snack in Campbellville. Once there any of the back-roads a beautiful to extend your romp.

Lakeshore to Ridge Road and along to wine country is nice as well, maybe give yourself 3-4 hours though.

Last edited:
Take a run up to the Forks of the Credit and then head north on some of the back roads or on HWY 10 - if you have nav Beaver Valley Road is okay

A long day ride in this section can involve 1000 km this time of year with the long light.

There are some good route tips in Shane's sticky at the top of this forum. I'd take a spin with you but I'm off to Alaska for a month ( not by bike )

What you really want is to take a run into the US....Letchworth Park is a very nice day trip.

I think Honda went in the correct direction for that low revving motor. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom