The One Thing Im Having Trouble with | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The One Thing Im Having Trouble with

I would like to know what kinda bikes you guys are riding...Last time I checked ...you CANNOT go to neutral on a bike if the rear wheel is turning ....the gearbox is designed to go from 2nd to 1st SKIPPING the neutral...you cannot shift from 2nd to 1st , then shift to neutral and coast.....

EDIT: I did not read OP's recent post...glad your buddy helped you out :)

Shift down to 1st then back up into neutral. You are right, most bikes if you try to go from 2nd to neutral just by tapping the pedal down, it will lock you out and pop into 1st or 2nd again (after some grinding), but if you do it slowly and keep your foot on the shifter you can push it down into neutral from 2nd, or should be able to anyway.

I would like to know what kinda bikes you guys are riding...Last time I checked ...you CANNOT go to neutral on a bike if the rear wheel is turning ....the gearbox is designed to go from 2nd to 1st SKIPPING the neutral...you cannot shift from 2nd to 1st , then shift to neutral and coast.....

I think that you should check again, I have been riding for 20 years and every single bike I had been on will slide into neutral from 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. You just give the shifter ½ a shift down.
I would actually think that the gearbox had problems if it couldn’t go from 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] to neutral.

I echo responses here. Take a basic course. You learn core skills and learn good habits. Then go out and practice after. I took the RTI course and loved it. 2 weeks if riding later and I'm comfortable shifting, braking and being in traffic. No stalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you should check again, I have been riding for 20 years and every single bike I had been on will slide into neutral from 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. You just give the shifter ½ a shift down.
I would actually think that the gearbox had problems if it couldn’t go from 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] to neutral.

lol tempted to try this

No issue shifting into neutral while moving. Really easy going 1st to neutral, 2nd to neutral takes a little more precision.

You can shift into neutral while moving on the 2013 ninja 300 abs cause I tried it on mine cause I didn't believe it have any issues. Don't really see a point in coasting in neutral though... Rather keep neutral for standstills.

It's more of a quarter kick-down (very lightly) to get it into neutral while moving.

My 87 RZ goes into neutral while the back tire is turning. I've actually mis-shifted and found neutral on occasion.

Never heard of a gearbox being designed so that you can not engage neutral while the output shaft is spinning. The shift star is designed so that you skip by neutral easily.

u7ade6er.jpg

Original star on left, modified one on right (for easy shifting)

Neutral is the funny looking lobe.

I find neutral when moving more than I would like to admit, usually from 1st to 2nd. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st happens from time to time, but much less frequently. It always makes me nervous when hitting neutral on a downshift, because once I either put it in 1st or even back up to 2nd I always get a large loud bang from the tranny. Only time it ever sounds like its fighting to get into gear, and I always worry it's going to cause damage

OH, its the same guy lol. I avoided posting here first time around despite uncleduck heavy rotation. There's only so much a guy can take, even on GTAM.

LOL Sid of course you can shift to neutral from 2nd or 1st at any time.

I find neutral when moving more than I would like to admit, usually from 1st to 2nd. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st happens from time to time, but much less frequently. It always makes me nervous when hitting neutral on a downshift, because once I either put it in 1st or even back up to 2nd I always get a large loud bang from the tranny. Only time it ever sounds like its fighting to get into gear, and I always worry it's going to cause damage

That's usually the chain, and it's worse if the chain is not at the right tension.

Take a course.

Both bikes I've owned had an easier time finding neutral while moving (slowly) than standing still.

I am bummed the Biggie Stalls thread appears to be deleted--it was one of the best threads on here in a long time, I guess everyone went to far and made TheRealKnex cry...

I am bummed the Biggie Stalls thread appears to be deleted--it was one of the best threads on here in a long time, I guess everyone went to far and made TheRealKnex cry...

Become a site supporter and the fun continues! It lives on in Trash Talk...

I agree with others here. TheRealKleenex should take a course.

Back
Top Bottom