So how did everyone do in the race round this weekend ?! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So how did everyone do in the race round this weekend ?!

Although a SOAR license holder this year, this was my first race of the season. I qualified 3rd for the Novice 600/Rookie Challenge and was able to split the podium of RACE riders with a 2nd finish. Considering it was my 2nd time at Shanny, I am very happy with how the weekend turned out. Was a fun weekend from my perspective, pretty cool passing Christie and Trombino on their bikes as I am heading to the track on mine. Met some great SOAR riders....and a couple nice RACE guys too.
Was going to come and talk to you and Aliki on Sunday after the race but once I finished loading up I couldn't find you guys. Tell her thanks for the cooldown water in pitlane. I was lined up behind you on the start grid and got your mini wheelie off the start but my damn SD card was full and it didn't record.

You coming out to any other SOAR rounds this year?

Was going to come and talk to you and Aliki on Sunday after the race but once I finished loading up I couldn't find you guys. Tell her thanks for the cooldown water in pitlane. I was lined up behind you on the start grid and got your mini wheelie off the start but my damn SD card was full and it didn't record.

You coming out to any other SOAR rounds this year?

Haha, yeah I got a good launch and then went a little heavy on the throttle. Lost a few places with that screw up.

The plan is to make it to a couple more rounds down at GB, but we'll see what happens.

There is 1/2 of 'on board' Rookie 600 race on you tube. Try

"Shannonville Rd 3 Rookie 600 Jun 29-14"

There is a thumbnail of final times/positions at the end of the vid if you pause quick enough. (I can't seem to copy or share the youtube link. )

It was a jam packed schedule all weekend with not much seat time to learn the track for anyone not familiar with Shanny, especially if you couldn't get there on Friday. A bit unfair for the SOAR group. Practice sessions were only 12 minutes, if that. The 'Long track' is challenging but can have a nice flow once you figure out the line.
Overall i thought it was a great weekend and it was fun to be pitting with some of the National racers. Jodi Christie and Frank Trombino put on a bit of a show in the Superbike race.
Blending both race clubs was a good feature.
I was #247 RACE Novice-SOAR Rookie 600 on a Daytona. It was good to have a chance to meet some of the Soar guys.

So how does it work on your team, you yourself pay for any damages?

This is a subject of some debate. Apparently we had a misunderstanding. We all agree that the crasher pays the first $250, and then the rest gets split up amongst us. The debate is what "us" means (since Bill Clinton already did the "is" thing to death). "Us" either means every team member (me, Steve, Allen), every team member who was racing that day (Steve, Allen) or every rider who was racing that day, team member or not (Steve, Allen, Brodie), whether or not they just bought a new house....

To everyone's credit, everyone seems to have interpreted "us" in the manner least advantageous to themselves. Because that is the Prairie Dog Way.

[video=youtube;mP-AGb6Tx68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-AGb6Tx68[/video]

Wow I knew I sucked through the carousel (among a couple other spots) but that vid sure shows it.

There is a thumbnail of final times/positions at the end of the vid if you pause quick enough. (I can't seem to copy or share the youtube link. )

It was a jam packed schedule all weekend with not much seat time to learn the track for anyone not familiar with Shanny, especially if you couldn't get there on Friday. A bit unfair for the SOAR group. Practice sessions were only 12 minutes, if that. The 'Long track' is challenging but can have a nice flow once you figure out the line.
Overall i thought it was a great weekend and it was fun to be pitting with some of the National racers. Jodi Christie and Frank Trombino put on a bit of a show in the Superbike race.
Blending both race clubs was a good feature.
I was #247 RACE Novice-SOAR Rookie 600 on a Daytona. It was good to have a chance to meet some of the Soar guys.

It's No different than going to a SOAR round for someone that's never been there before.

Heh. Yeah, you're lucky I wasn't in Novice, watching that race. But I guess that I'd have gone AM after practice anyways and I know some of those guys are chewing the paint right off the walls, so ...

Heh. Yeah, you're lucky I wasn't in Novice, watching that race. But I guess that I'd have gone AM after practice anyways and I know some of those guys are chewing the paint right off the walls, so ...
Could off should off, stop talking about it and go racing, or just shssss

First race for me in a very long time. Note to self: do not shift DOWN into second before a race start. That screwed me right up but I managed to get my way back up to 4th where I qualified in the femme class. More ladies need to come out! The grid was quite small.
Over all I could not have asked for a better weekend. The weather was amazing, I reached a few personal goals, I bonded with my new bike, and hung out with some great peeps. The racing bug is back and this means trouble for me!!! The term Moto Love has a whole new meaning for me right now :)

You get more practice time. If you go out for every practice, you could get 45 mins of practice Sat and Sun morning. If you really need time you could go out in slow group and even/odd and get an hour or more.

You could get more practice at RACE if you went out in all the sessions you weren't supposed to be in......

Really? Everyone still complaining about a lack of track time?

RACE did an amazing job trying to fit all the classes of RACE and SOAR into the schedule. They also fit in an endurance race that isnt normally there.

I think it is amazing it went as well as it did.

You get more practice time. If you go out for every practice, you could get 45 mins of practice Sat and Sun morning. If you really need time you could go out in slow group and even/odd and get an hour or more.

You could get more practice at RACE if you went out in all the sessions you weren't supposed to be in......

Just don't do that at the national, they don't like it.

The practice at Shannonville was no different than the 4 SOAR rounds I had been to. I'd rather not go out and run anyone over.

Last edited:
Just don't do that at the national, they don't like it.

The practice at Shannonville was no different than the 4 SOAR rounds I had been to. I'd rather not go out and run anyone over.

It's never been a problem before... Therefor it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom