Shannonville missing parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville missing parts

atss2006

Anyone manage to find our missing cluster in or around turn two?
Our sub endurance team member decided the front of the bike needed to be lighter and more aerodynamic

IMG_20140628_162149.jpg

He had a couple scrapes, and a big bruise on his ego (doesn't help the trash talk we gave him). I'm getting he's sore today though.

The important thing is that you guys look great out there while it lasted ;)

I was racing endurance with you guys in the little blue 250 trying to get out of everyone's way

Hope he has a quick recovery

What caused him to go off? T2 at Shannonville is not a very difficult corner. I'm sure it's different at race pace though.

My first thought was duct tape and a coat hanger would fix it right up. Cartwheeling the bike seems to do more damage than even duct tape can help. Made packing up the body into the car easy. So much easier when its all small pieces.
He's not sure what caused him to go off. He just remembers braking normally then doing a superman thru the sky with the bike cartwheeling by.

Haha I was going to accept until I remembered our chicken talk. I think I'll pass.

I am sadly the guy who did the major modifications to humpty dumpty. I cant believe the cluster was found, hahaha sweet deal. I am actually 100% very strange how i feel great and just a bandaid on my palm but all in all not stiff or in any pain. Im not 100% on what happened, but what I felt was i started braking for turn 2 (standard braking) and all of the suddent the brakes just gripped and i let go of the brake lever and still the bike was just throwing me around until it bucked me off and i went for a bit of a ride over the handlebars and then the bike went for its own ride in the smooth grass of shannonville.

Glad you are ok. Prarie Dogs are a resourceful lot. Duct tape , Band aids, I may have a few stickers for ya. Humpty "Frankenbike" Dumpty will ride again. Got to say with your crash and the other break down was pretty lonely out there during my stint.

Glad it was the youngest most rubbery guy who decided to bin it. If it had been Steve, Allen or I we would be hurting. Actually, I take that back - Allen bounces pretty good. Not happy to have my (well 1/3 mine) bike all smashed to tiny pieces but kinda happy that I was not the one to do it.

Steve along with all the King's Horses and all the King's Men has been wrenching like mad trying to get it back together for the next SOAR round. I like his chances.

Glad it was the youngest most rubbery guy who decided to bin it. If it had been Steve, Allen or I we would be hurting. Actually, I take that back - Allen bounces pretty good. Not happy to have my (well 1/3 mine) bike all smashed to tiny pieces but kinda happy that I was not the one to do it.

Steve along with all the King's Horses and all the King's Men has been wrenching like mad trying to get it back together for the next SOAR round. I like his chances.
Did they tell you about it or just put it in the garage and let you find it when you got home? I thought the latter would have been pretty funny for everyone to see your reaction.

On a serious note, I am in Burlington if one of you want to come get the speedo. I can bring it to round 3 but I assume you will need it before then.

I sent you a message, let me know your address and phone number and I'll come by and grab the cluster. I think its the last part we need.

Back
Top Bottom