Failing to stop | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Failing to stop

a reason to run could be simply that he can't afford any more tickets. one ticket even if minor could mean insurance price raise in thousands of dollars! who can afford that? i say run if u can and if you're good at riding.

as long as you have half a brain and you're not putting anyone else in major danger, i think it's stupid to get ticketed for... this country is RETARDED with laws. u get 3 minor ticket and some companies don't wanna insure u at all! or if they do u have to pay up your arm and a leg. it's absolutely non-sense. ridiculous! in fact i think insurance should be a personal choice. even liability! why does one have to pay 5 thousand dollars a year for something that he will never ever use? personally, if i wreck my bike (never did) but if i did, or wrecked someone else's i'll try my best not to call the insurance company and deal with it myself. cause it's simply retarded. you know why it's retarded? cause i will pay less money over time paying to fix the bike than using my insurance.... i know i will never ever kill someone cause i'm careful. life is all about choices. it's the government that brainwashes people into believing that they need insurance and it's a MUST!

i hate laws. and this is not coming from an ignorant ******* who hates cops. i have very good reasons to hate the police. but that's another discussion on its own. stay safe!

Who needs half a brain when you're careful...and psychic? Stay safe everybody. FTL and FTP too! #rebel

Couple of years ago there were a bunch of clips of misguided souls ghost driving cars/trucks by ghost driving I mean hopping out of the drivers seat while rolling and filming what happens
IMHO that should earn a hefty penalty js

I don't doubt that but the wording is not clear in the regulations. It allows cops another reason to throw the book at you when you're not really doing anything unsafe.

That's obvious, anyone who believes liability insurance is unnecessary on public roads doesn't give a **** about other people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what he's saying especially here in Ontario where our insurance is jacked up and ridiculous, but at the same time I do understand the need/benefit for general liability insurance at a minimum. Even when I didn't have insurance on my SS, I understood the risks, and didn't exactly like or enjoy them. Sure everyone makes there own decisions and "riding dirty" does come with stupidity bragging rights. But the CONS far outweigh the PROS. All that aside Ramtin riding without insurance and riding like a dumbass do not go hand in hand. You shouldn't have any problems with tickets if you ride responsibly, safety and your bike, gear and paper work are in order. A simple pull over or spot check should not be a problem at all if your all legit and legal. Depending on your bike and the damage and situation, it more likely will pay to do the job yourself or pay to have it fixed out of your pocket then make the claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the 1980s I filed my tickets and went to court where the Niagara Regional Police officers would show up and lie to the JP to get the conviction. A few years later a lot of these same cops and the chief of the NRP where charged and convicted of a number of offenses ranging from racketeering, theft, bribes and a host of other crimes. Many police ended up in jail. The NRP was a laughing stock amongst other police forces at the time. This is what I personally saw: police lying. Since then I've had zero inclination to risk the police doing this to me again. They made me. Draw whatever conclusions you like.
I believe that when police think no one is watching they do a lot of illegal things and more and more it is being caught on camera nowadays.when I begin to see less and less of these instances I might begin to change my point of view but I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon. If i were you I wouldn't have to wonder why many riders don't stop to see if a cop is going to lie especially since the current laws have upped the ante so high. If the police had half the integrity that they should they'd have a lot less problems with their public interactions and the way the public perceives them.

I get what he's saying especially here in Ontario where our insurance is jacked up and ridiculous, but at the same time I do understand the need/benefit for general liability insurance at a minimum. Even when I didn't have insurance on my SS, I understood the risks, and didn't exactly like or enjoy them. Sure everyone makes there own decisions and "riding dirty" does come with stupidity bragging rights. But the CONS far outweigh the PROS. All that aside Ramtin riding without insurance and riding like a dumbass do not go hand in hand. You shouldn't have any problems with tickets if you ride responsibly, safety and your bike, gear and paper work are in order. A simple pull over or spot check should not be a problem at all if your all legit and legal. Depending on your bike and the damage and situation, it more likely will pay to do the job yourself or pay to have it fixed out of your pocket then make the claim.

seems like i got an "INFRACTION" yesterday on GTAMotorcycle for calling someone an "idiot" .. looks like the police r not the only one after us... look out ppl!!!!! it's a dangerous world out there! lmao

seems like i got an "INFRACTION" yesterday on GTAMotorcycle for calling someone an "idiot" .. looks like the police r not the only one after us... look out ppl!!!!! it's a dangerous world out there! lmao
I figured as much, I looked at the forum when I got home from work and noticed that the initial post following mine, and the few following it had been deleted. I'm not that surprised at all. Freedom of speech is limited to a certain degree, I think it's like that on most forums and it certainly was getting off topic. No one is after us. Just be legit and you won't have any issues/tickets. I deal with the same thing at work. Follow the standard procedure or I get an improper communication ticket- and under no circumstances am I allowed to call any customers/clients any names at all besides sir, miss or mam or their actual name.

I figured as much, I looked at the forum when I got home from work and noticed that the initial post following mine, and the few following it had been deleted. I'm not that surprised at all. Freedom of speech is limited to a certain degree, I think it's like that on most forums and it certainly was getting off topic. No one is after us. Just be legit and you won't have any issues/tickets. I deal with the same thing at work. Follow the standard procedure or I get an improper communication ticket- and under no circumstances am I allowed to call any customers/clients any names at all besides sir, miss or mam or their actual name.

but i HATE rules! lol

You had previously received a warning for the same behaviour, so this time it was an infraction. Take it as a lesson learned and move on with the conversation.

but i HATE rules! lol
We get that. I'll be honest so do I, pretty sure alot of us do. But I know I personally hate problems more, and I love riding to much to care to possibly create problems for my daily riding to be a chronic repeat offender again and continue to run. In the future, when the time is right, I'll take it to the track. Driving, riding, like being on this forum is a privilege not our right.

Back
Top Bottom