Exhaust on ER6n | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust on ER6n

irv

Howdy,

So, some local children decided it would be fun to leave some eggs on my motorbike.
I got what I could off with a hose and then a high pressure hose at a car wash.

I think I got it off of all the paint areas, etc but one area I didn't notice was that it got inside and all on top of the exhaust.
It's since been effectively baked on, so I'm thinking the only way to get it off is to remove the muffler itself and use some elbow grease.

The most I do myself is basic chain cleaning/oiling so I'm wondering if this is something I can undertake fairly easily with basic tools and a rear stand.

Also, if there are any suggestions on a cleaner to use. I'm probably going to try warm water and just scrubbing with some soft cloths.

Any suggestions are welcome.

http://imgur.com/hRcHO7x,RlqHtG8,hJLT7T4,gz6DKkQ,Z5iiQE1

Andrew

It's not a big deal, you might break the gasket though or run into some bolts with excessive locktite. Might be easier to just scrub what you can and let the rest burn off. Maybe you can just idle it under the kids bedroom window and let them smell their actions.

Will it burn off in time though?

I know it can permanently damage paint, but the exhaust seems to be polished steel or something.

I'm mainly just worried about some permanent damage. The smell is just a minor annoyance but also has the side effect of making me hungry.

I'll take a closer look after work and see how easy it might be to take off.

If it's something I can do in an hour or two then I'll probably take the time to do it.

Thanks

I would be very angry if someone did that to my bike

Do you know these kids?

Try a light degreaser with a soft microfibre cloth

I would be very angry if someone did that to my bike

Do you know these kids?

No, and I'm livid.

Literally the first night I've parked the bike not in the garage.

Live across from an elementary school which had a graduation that evening apparently.

I'm thinking it was some kids looking for trouble after that.

Last time I leave it outside :/

I did file a police report so hopefully these idiots go egging some more and get snapped up, but at this point I just want to make sure my bike is okay and there isn't any perm damage.

I'm also contemplating setting up a camera and just leaving the bike out as bait.

Not sure what I would do if I did catch them though... ha.

And thanks, I will give that a shot once the exhaust is removed.

Stupid top of the exhaust is very difficult to access.

Last edited:
You have a kid? Hire a teen to beat them up so you don't get into trouble if not.

Kids are like the elderly...can get away with anything and there's nothing you can do about it

It's totally ruined.

You'll need to replace it with a full Yoshimura exhaust. It's the only way. ;)

I had an egg thrown at me on devil's night about 20 years ago and some of the egg hit my exhaust, I was never able to get it 100% removed. It stained the metal in the pipe

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

use very fine or super fine steel wool. It can be purchased from any paint department. it will lighten the colour of the polished metal, however.

Not sure as I haven't tried it, but I read in another thread about using oven cleaner to remove boot scuffs off the exhaust. Spray on, start 'er up, hose 'er off.
But look into it more before proceeding.
I will not be held liable for any damage that may arise. (just in case)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I'd just leave it.

Those exhausts are known to rust and break so you'd be at risk of breaking it while trying to remove it or might as well just wait until it does break to replace it, anyway.

I came out to a "blanket" (banner they ripped off the school's fence) on my 650R once when I left it parked on the road, across from an elementary school, for a month when I was selling it.

Back
Top Bottom