Shipping Rates from the US - Online Parts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping Rates from the US - Online Parts

PS, stop by Memphis Fire BBQ in Winona on the way back ;)

Memphis Fire is ok, but sometimes difficult to get in to. I actually prefer going to Smokey Bonmes BBQ across from teh Walden Galleria, usually the crowds are managable, prices are excellent and food has yet to disappoint. 3 things i rarely expect from a chain restaurant

I dont think most people realize that your are paying for shipping and handling, which in most cases includes a employee having to take the time to package the product and also the cost of packing materials. When I ship something to the US and its $25 shipping I charge them $40-50 because I have to take into account $5-10 in packing materials (box, tape, labels, filler) and my time to package it, and if I use a service like Canada post/USPS my time and money to drive to the post office to ship it...

Also many times you will get an online rate based on your measurements of the package and weight, but when you actually end up at the post office it actually costs more, so its always a good idea to charge a small percentage more then the online quote to cover that. Nobody wants to charge someone $25 for shipping and it actually ends up being $27 not including the packaging and your time

And then there are standard shipping rates setup buy online shopping carts or the business, youll have a standard $25, $50, etc etc and even if you buy a $5 part the cart will automatically use the lowest $25 shipping rate....Its just part of online shopping

Last edited:
Clip on and bar end mirrors in ebay. Comes with free shipping. Ive seen the clip ons or bar end mirrors they sell at town moto, cycleworld, gp and royal. Youre paying 2-3x the price for the same build and quality.

If any companies out of Hong Kong are selling what you want, shipping is often free or very cheap worldwide. They subsidize international shipping to encourage export.

So, in light of the advice above, I ended up taking the above into consideration and found comparable items on ebay. For less than $75 CAN shipping in.

Thank you peeps.. Saved me from needlessly spending $120 US more.

I find going to the uk is easier and faster and so far I haven't been dinged in fee's from customs.

I ordered twice from the UK and no taxes, no duties, no brokerage, nothing. Unfortunately, most of the stuff I want or need is in the USA or Asia.

Anybody else shipped parts from the UK? Did you pay taxes or fees?

I got my MRA windshield from the UK and I had to pay over $50 in taxes/fees. It was shipped by regular airmail/parcel post.

Nasty.

Call glen and flying squirrel. He special orders stuff for my bonneville all the time. Don't worry if it's not on his site he will try to get it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered twice from the UK and no taxes, no duties, no brokerage, nothing. Unfortunately, most of the stuff I want or need is in the USA or Asia.

Anybody else shipped parts from the UK? Did you pay taxes or fees?

I buy pricey bicycle parts from England, usually free shipping and no customs charges.

I find royal signed mail (I think) fairly quick and usually takes 1 or 1.5 weeks vs 2 to 2.5 weeks from the usa.

I buy pricey bicycle parts from England, usually free shipping and no customs charges.

Plz post the store names. I'm heading to London/Paris and want to pick up some cafe-chic parts.

Going to check this one out in person:
IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

Re: USA address with pick-up in Mississauga

Just discovered a great service based in Mississauga where you can pickup your USA ordered parts, tires, etc. Registration is free and will provide you with your own unique box number at a warehouse located in Niagara Falls, NY. They do all border clearance processing and transportation for pickup in Mississauga for as little as $5, increasing by small increments depending on weight and package size.

My daughter has been using it for a year and gets frequent shipments from USA and loves it. http://crossborderpickups.ca/benefits/

I'm looking to get some cafe-racer parts shipped from the US to me. The shipping charges seem to be astronomical.
I'm hoping someone has a better suggestion or else I will just have to suck it up.

Clip-on bars + mirrors = $150 US through Dime City Cycles based out of Florida.
Shipping quote with USPS = $50 US (really?? I shipped a custom seat from the far east for $90)

CBI express is $6 US .. driving down would be $40 in gas, so it really doesn't work in my favour very well.

Any more experienced folks with advice?

https://www.kinek.com/

5 bucks per box 3 hour round trip. Can't lose.
I have used this service and it is super easy and fast and you save a ton on shipping and duty.

my 2 cents

https://www.kinek.com/

5 bucks per box 3 hour round trip. Can't lose.
I have used this service and it is super easy and fast and you save a ton on shipping and duty.

'3 hour trip - can't lose'? 'Easy and fast'? Or you could just go 30 minutes to Mississauga and pay 5 bucks to crossborderpickups.ca

Re: USA address with pick-up in Mississauga

Just discovered a great service based in Mississauga where you can pickup your USA ordered parts, tires, etc. Registration is free and will provide you with your own unique box number at a warehouse located in Niagara Falls, NY. They do all border clearance processing and transportation for pickup in Mississauga for as little as $5, increasing by small increments depending on weight and package size.

My daughter has been using it for a year and gets frequent shipments from USA and loves it. http://crossborderpickups.ca/benefits/
Thanks. Never heard of this but will to try it out

'3 hour trip - can't lose'? 'Easy and fast'? Or you could just go 30 minutes to Mississauga and pay 5 bucks to crossborderpickups.ca

To me looks like that guarantees paying import tax. Let us know how it works out.

To me looks like that guarantees paying import tax. Let us know how it works out.

You probably will stay pay the tax but other than their storage fee if your not paying any additional brokerage charges like UPS its still worth it.

Still would clear it through customs myself tbh but im more that 30mins away.

I just had a bunch of items shipped via eBay using their guarantee cross border shipping program. They give you the estimated taxes and shipping on the shipment. No brokerage fee.. Awesome as item ships from US and is delivered tracked to your house. You know the cost upfront so it's great for surprises. Was worth it for the treasure trove of spare parts I got.

Check around in Canada first.

I've been buying most of my stuff either through Tony and Bluestreak or Glen at Flying Squirrel. With the drop in the $ and shipping costs pricing has been similar or in many cases lower. If they don't have it listed they can sometimes source it, unless its a real speciality item

^^^^^ BTW, this Ebay program is great.

Personally, I hate that ebay program.

Before it existed and I ordered stuff from USA on ebay, I got dinged for taxes and duties maybe once or twice. With this program you get dinged for it every single time. Sure it is not a surprise, but I would rather take the chance and come out ahead.

Back
Top Bottom